16. Encounter (Part 1)

V's POV

During the car ride home, I couldn't help but chuckle to myself as I looked out of the tinted window.

"Taehyung... What's wrong with you?" Jimin asked, sounding a bit worried and curious at the same time.

I laughed harder and then eventually breathed in and out to calm myself down. My face suddenly went blank and I said, "Nothing."

"He's just going crazy," I heard Ho Seok whisper after a moment. "You know him: 4-D." I saw him twirl his finger around his head, motioning that I was insane.

"Yah!" I shouted. "I was just thinking about something."

"What is it?" Jimin teased. Ho Seok joined in too, and I gave in.

"You know, after meeting, Serri, school's been a lot funner," I confessed. Immediately, I saw JungKook and Jin turn their heads back at the same time to look at me which was a bit of a surprise. I saw them look at each other, and then they awkwardly turned their bodies around.

"Did something happen between you two?" Nam Joon said.

"Um... I made her," I remembered seeing the bruises on her legs and felt a bit guilty towards it, "fall."

"How is that something?" Jimin remarked.

"Down a flight of stairs."

"What?!" Everyone but Yoongi, who was listening to music and sitting up in the passenger seat, yelled in unison which made me cramp into the corner in defense from all the screams.

"Don't worry, it happened yesterday," I reassured.

"That doesn't help at all!" Jin said.

"Man, you made her fall down the roof and now the stairs," Ho Seok said.

I had the urge to hit him, but Nam Joon suddenly said, "So what happened?"

I sighed as I explained, "We- I mean I bumped into her while I was trying to make it out of school. And we knocked into each other and fell. But you know, she ran away as soon as we reached the bottom."

"Is... she okay?" Jin questioned.

I put my hands up, offended, and said "I'm completely fine."

"Aw, you're here right now, so it's okay," Ho Seok said as he playfully squeezed my cheeks. I slapped his hands away and covered my face with my own hands.

"Yeah, she's okay. She's surprisingly strong."

"Heh, you should've seen her walking away with blood streaming down her leg when we chased her after she jumped off the school's roof," Nam Joon said. "She's amazing."

"Don't forget the time she had an insane fever and faked everything to make it seem like she was okay," Jimin said. "She totally got me."

"She almost choked me with a bat!" Ho Seok exclaimed.

"She's totally different," JungKook muttered loud enough for us to hear.

Just to say, we all had occurrences with people who manipulated us. It's only obvious because we're idols.

I proudly said, "I told her that."

"What?!" they shouted. I immediately scooted back into the corner to avoid their screams again.

"Hyung, how many times did you talk to her?!" JungKook snarled out of no where.

"Um.. A few times.." I blurted.

They tried to get it out of me, but I purposefully babbled on about other stuff the rest of the way home until they told me to just be quiet.

I wanted to keep my own secrets to myself, and I'm pretty sure they're hiding their own secrets too.