18. Unintentional

Serri's POV

Luckily, the next day I went to work. I tried to take it easy, but Minah kept on interrogating me because of all the bruises, cuts, and bandages visible on me.

"Oh my god, Serri! What happened to you?!"

"Who's this person? I'll get them back for you."

"Ouch, doesn't it hurt?"

"Take it easy Serri. Why'd you come to work looking like that?!"

"Relax Unnie. I'm seriously fine," I said behind the register.

"You sure?"

"Yes, yes. I'll rest when my shift is over." Minah eventually nodded and went off to clean the tables.

I stood, dazed, thinking about the words V had said. "Please don't touch our Serri."

Our, huh? Can something like that can be possible? I sighed. I'll just let that figure itself out... Would it be right though? I mean, whatever I do, they have to appear--for some reason. I buried my head in my arms for awhile, clearing all the mixed up thoughts wandering my mind.

After awhile, I felt someone flick my head out of nowhere, and realizing that I'm not suppose to lack off during work, I quickly stand up. But a sudden hit to my forehead catches me off guard. What the... I thought.

My eyes see a red sticky note plastered on my face, covering my vision. I cautiously take it off and then see a familiar figure heading towards the door.

I read the note:

I'll take you home, so wait for me.

Promise!

-JungKook

_________________

I unconsciously waited for him; I find myself looking over the clock a lot. When my part-time did end, I sat at a table until he came. Wait, am I expecting too much? What if he has last minute plans?

I'll just wait a bit for him...

10 minutes.... 25 minutes... 40 minutes passed. The sun was beginning to set now.

I read the red note again and scoffed, "Promise my butt." I got up and walked out of the door.

Maybe he's busy.. Oh well, walking home isn't a hassle anyway. Stop expecting too much Serri.

After just walking a few blocks, I suddenly heard a screech near me and a car door slide open. Then, I felt something quickly tug on me and immediately pull me in. Everything happened to quickly, so the thought of self-defense didn't seem to occur to me yet. When I got in, I closed my eyes to prepare for the fall, but I landed on something a bit more... What was this?

I opened my eyes to see JungKook looking down at me. He smiled and said, "Annyeong."

My eyes widened, and my eyebrows creased. What the fu-

From the corner of my eyes, I saw Nam Joon and Ho Seok creepily looking at me from behind the seat, and I realized Jimin, and V were amusingly looking at me because I was....

Laying right on top of them.

My head was on JungKook's lap, and the lineup continued with Jimin and with V at the end.

Out of nowhere, I screamed like there was no tomorrow. The car suddenly went to a stop, and thinking that I would fall down because of the friction (which I wanted to), all three of them grabbed onto me while themselves jerked forward.

JungKook jerked up more and his lips apparently brushed against mine and then it landed there for a moment. My eyes widened and then I looked up to JungKook who was also looking back at me. Holy mother of...

"Is everyone okay?" The driver said. JungKook immediately got off of me.

Everyone replied with a "yes." I guess no one noticed.. I took the opportunity to sit upwards between and JungKook and Jimin.

I coughed awkwardly and said out loud, "I'm so sorry. I was just so surprised by everything."

"It's fine," the driver said as he started to move the car again.

"We shouldn't blame you," Jimin began to say. "Kidnapping you on the streets suddenly would be a huge shocker. And after getting beat up yesterday, you should take it easy."

"Sorry for making you wait long," JungKook sheepishly said. "They wanted to come along."

"Ah, it's fine. I should be happy that you all wanted to come."

Everyone smiled.

I saw a ice cream cone suddenly appear in front of my face. I turned around and saw Jin handing it to me. I took it acceptingly and said with a smile, "Thank you." Then he handed one to everyone. They all ate it with smiles.

____________

JungKook decided to escort me to my apartment. I knew he came for a reason. When we were riding the elevator up to my floor, he said, "Um.. What happened in the car... Sorry. It was a total accident."

I tried to brush it off, "Yeah, just an accident. But today, thanks for coming in the end. I really mean it."

The elevator dinged, and I walked out when the door opened.

*****

JungKook's POV

"I can walk by myself from here," Serri said. I looked around to see if it was safe; I nodded.

"See you and be careful," I said. The elevator door was beginning to close, but Serri suddenly appeared and stuck her arm out and thumbed me in the forehead in an instant. Then the doors closed once she took she hand out and flashed a quick smile at me.

I took down the note off my forehead and read:

I'm really grateful towards you guys. Have a safe trip home.

Thank you & goodnight. ~(^^)~

________________________________

Hi everyone! An update for you guys because you've given me the motivation from the previous chapter!~

Since JungKook won the shipping poll, I gave him his own chapter sort of? But don't worry, the whole 'who's gonna end up with Serri' is still undecided.

Please vote, comment, and follow! I would like some feedback from you guys~

See you in the next chapter~ ^^

Thus, I'm off to do some chores...