10. Aftermath

Jin's POV

I look over at Serri's empty desk where the sun's soft light is shining on it. She hasn't shown up all day. Where is she?

"Hey Jin, what are you looking at?" I heard Jimin say.

"Huh? Oh, nothing," I say as I snap back to my senses. I smile like normal at him. I see Jimin look at me in disbelief and look to where I was looking at. Instantly, there's a smirk formed on his face.

"Ahh~ Rooftop girl," he says. "How come she isn't here?"

Yoongi, who is peacefully listening to music with both ear-buds on, leaning back on the chair, says, "Who would know?"

Jimin shrugs as I push my chair back and get up. "I'll be back," I say. I walk out of the classroom and into the quiet halls.

"Oh, Jin!" I hear a familiar voice say. I turn around to where the sound came from, and I see the homeroom teacher walking up to me with a bundle of papers and his bag. "Can you drop this at Lee Serri's house?" He waves the packet of papers into the air and hands it to me. "Do you know who that is?"

I hold the papers, nodding, dumbfounded. Why me so suddenly? "Uh.. I'm sorry, but I don't know where she lives. And why did you choose me to do this out of all people?"

"Don't worry. Here's her address," the teacher says as he tosses me a small, folded piece of paper. I recklessly try to catch it, but it drops to the ground. I bend down to get it. He continues, "It doesn't seem like Serri has anyone else to drop this off for her, so I'm asking you. Maybe because you seem more generous to do it."

I stare at the piece of paper before getting up. Am I generous?

But anyhow, what has Serri been doing? She seems like a ghost who turns human only when she comes to school.

"Can you do this for me?" the aging teacher asks again.

I finally stand back up and answer, "Sure, but do you know why she didn't come to school today?"

"I have no idea, son. But thanks for doing this for me," he says. "And for her." His voice sounded a bit pitiful when he said that.

"No problem..." I say.

__________________________

"What if she's not there?" Nam Joon questions. Apparently, we all wanted to visit Serri. They all ran into the van when I said I needed to drop the papers at her house.

"I don't know, maybe drop off it in her mailbox?" Yoongi suggests as we walk to her door. I double check if it's the right place. It is.

Her front door is grayish color with a metal handle that had a passcode lock security thing. "Here we are," I say

I ring the doorbell; we wait for a moment for someone to answer the door, but no one's answering it.

"Ring it again," Ho Seok says. I do. Twice. Three times.

Still no one.

Did she perhaps go out or something? I look at the packet of paper the teacher gave to me. It has sticky note with the words 'Lee Serri' on it.

Taehyung gets down on the ground and tries to peek under the door into her house, but there's no hole to even look into it. He then gets up and tries to look through the peep-hole. "Where is she?"

Ho Seok knocks on the door vigorously while Taehyung is shouting, "Serri! Serri! Where are you?!" JungKook, Nam Joon, Yoongi, and Jimin are staring at this dramatic scene in amusement. My eyes could only look around if she is anywhere to be seen. I could only concentrate on the fact that if she's okay.