11. For Once

Serri's POV

I peeked open my eyes and saw the familiarity of my room again. How did I end up here?

More importantly, what happened to me?...

I slowly sat up with something instantly falling down from my face. I stared at it for awhile and noticed it was a damp towel. I looked around my room and saw a bowl of water on my desk.

Oh yeah... I was sick.. I must've fainted.. But who brought me here?

Suddenly, I hear noises outside of my room.

"Be quiet or she'll wake up!"

"Hold up, let me look through these."

I listen to the conversation half asleep, but I come back to my senses when I realize: is someone robbing my house?!

I cautiously get out of my bed and look around my room for a weapon. I could grab a stack of books and throw it at them, but my precious books will be ruined with the likes of those lowlife people.

Then what do I have?!

Oh wait, Auntie gave me her baseball bat to at least protect myself with it if something like this occurred. I guess today was the day I finally used it... I had hidden it in my closet, so no one would know it was there but me. I totally forgot it was there though considering it was almost a year. I crept over there and took it out.

I slowly walk towards the door, but I instantaneously stop in my tracks when I hear, "Someone check if she's awake yet." My heart suddenly skips a beat.

I silently rush behind my door. It was dark, telling from the light my window gave off, so the person wouldn't see me as quickly. But what do I do when they notice I'm absent from my bed?

There was no time to think, for I saw the shadow of someone glow under my door as the sound of their footsteps grew nearer. Then the door creaked opened. I tried to lean back as much as possible, so the person wouldn't realize I was hiding behind the door. I gripped the bat in my hands.

The door opened widely and the person stepped into my room when he said, "Oh! She's not here-"

With my heart still beating, I came out of my hiding place, kicked the back of his leg, and pushed him down to the ground, placing my bat horizontally on his neck so I could choke him if he seemed like a threat. I was boldly on top of him, and surprisingly, he had his hands out, signifying that he already surrendered.

"Serri, it's me, Ho Seok!" He exclaimed. I looked at him using the only source of light from outside to see him. My eyes widened. And speaking about bad timing, the other boys rushed to see what had happened.

"What happened-" a familiar voice said as my room light suddenly turned on.

Pure silence filled the atmosphere as Nam Joon and JungKook stared at us...

Me on top of Ho Seok.

Trying to choke him.

With a bat.

This would be a completely bad misunderstanding...

I immediately get off of him and stood up with the bat still in my possession.

"What happened?..." Nam Joon asked, not knowing what in the world just happened.

JungKook went to help Ho Seok up while I stared away from them.

"She thought I was an intruder," Ho Seok explained. "I'm fine. She didn't do anything to me."

"Sorry," I said. "I just woke up to think there were robbers in my house. I didn't know..."

JungKook continued, "Know what?"

"That.. You guys were still here."

"Why wouldn't we when you have a fever and fainted out of no where?" He replied.

Jin suddenly came in and looked at the situation. Pretty much ignoring it for now, he went up to me and said, "Are you okay?" as he put his hand on my forehead.

"Yeah..." I don't know why, but his hand on my head felt quite nostalgic.

"I cooked some food for you with the stuff in your fridge if that was okay. Just thought that you should eat something."

"Thanks."

"Alright then. It's getting late. We should be going," Nam Joon said as be exited my room. Everyone, including me, followed.

I saw V sitting on my couch, looking through my aunt's Vogue magazines.

Oh.... That's what he meant when he said, "let me look through these." Man, I'm an idiot. You stupid V!!! You almost made me kill Ho Seok! I should've killed you instead!!

When Jimin first saw us walk into the living room, he asked, "How's everything?"

"Fine," Jin said. "We're going home now," he yawned.

"Yeah, don't forget that with busy with our schedule tomorrow," Nam Joon reminded. "We should rest."

Then that meant that they weren't going to be in school tomorrow? Somehow, I felt a feeling of disappointment in me.

After a moment, I finally took the courage to say,"Thank you for staying and taking care of me although you guys were busy." I wanted to show my gratitude since no one has ever did this for me.

And so they left. But before they did, Ho Seok came up to me and said with a smile, "You really are interesting Serri."

After so many of his charming smiles, I finally returned it for once.

__________________________

Sorry for the short chapter but oh my gosh! Serri is finally softening up to them!! What do you guys think of it? ^^ I would love to read what you have to say!

Don't forget to vote, comment, and follow! I will be motivated to update sooner~

Thank you for reading! See you in the next chapter!~ ^^