17. Encounter (Part 2)

Third Person POV

Yoongi, with his customary earbuds in his ears, was walking across the bridge like walkway. As the earbud's string got tangled with the box he was carrying filled with gym supplies, his right earbud fell off. A second after trying to put it back into his ear, he heard shouting below him.

"Take that b*tch!" someone called out.

Hm? He thought. Out of curiosity, he took a step closer to the edge to peek down at what was going on.

His eyebrow raised as he saw someone vulnerably getting beaten up by a group full of girls.

Just then, they moved aside for him to see who the person was; he had recognized her.

He tilted his head in confusion. "Serri?" he muttered.

He saw her laying down weakly and beaten up on the ground. His eyes darted between the group of girls, who were smirking deviously, and Serri, who didn't seem to move an inch of her body. Her hair was covering her face, so he couldn't tell if she was still alive or not.

What happened? He thought doubtfully.

Suddenly, Jimin, who was also helping transporting the gym equipment, came over to Yoongi.

"How come you're just standing here?" Jimin asked. Yoongi stayed silent while still looking over the edge. Jimin looked at him for a moment and then curiously followed where Yoongi was looking at. When he looked down from over the railing, his eyes widened and gasped, "That's Serri!" He looked over to Yoongi with frantic eyes. "Hyung! We gotta help her!!! Why are you just standing here?!"

He immediately began to run off, but Yoongi grabbed him by the back of his shirt. Jimin stumbled a bit as he looked at Yoongi in mere confusion. Yoongi said, "Don't interrupt."

Jimin stammered back, "What do you mean?! Look at her! She's-"

"Shush. Looks like she's still alive." Yoongi pointed over towards where Serri was, and Jimin looked over in confusion. That's when he saw her trying to get up. She was struggling at it, too. He tried to go and help, but Yoongi was still tightly holding onto his shirt.

What's going on? Jimin thought.

*****

Serri's POV

"You can't...." I whispered. I tried to suck in all the air I could get despite maybe having my rib cage broken. "You can't do that to them!" I winced after I shouted that.

They all turned around. "What?" one of them said.

"Using them, you can't," I said weakly while clutching onto my blazer to ease my breathing.

Instead of the girl who liked calling me a "b*tch," Eun Mi walked up to me while smirking. She kept on walking until she was face to face with me. She poked my shoulder with force each time her voice let out a word, "You. Have. Absolutely. No one."

Those words immediately killed me. It hurt more than those kicks and punches from those wicked two-faced witches.

She continued, "So what does it matter to me? You're just a scary looking rag everybody wants to avoid. I have everyone by my side. And more importantly, I have V heads over heels me. And you know why? Because my charm gets to everyone."

"What an absurd excuse," I blurted.

Eun Mi froze. "What?"

I couldn't help but laugh. "I think you picked the wrong guy to 'hook up with.' V is the most weirdest guy on the planet to be with to a conceited hypocrite person like you. And truthfully, you're ugly in my eyes."