14. Ups and Downs

Serri's POV

It was night-time, and my room light was the only light that could be seen radiating from my apartment by an outsider. I left my window slightly open, so the cool spring breeze could seep its way in.

I laid down on my bed with a book open. I had to read a page over and over again until I understood what was happening in the story. Even the climatic part strangely didn't even bring my train of thought back. My mind kept on wondering to the image of JungKook smiling at me. I can't believe he saw me, I grieved.

After awhile, I gave up and flapped the book on my chest. "What's wrong with me?!" I yelled and started screaming while ruffling through my hair and kicking my bed. "YOU'RE SO STUPID SERRI!"

"SHUT UP!!!" I heard my neighbor shout.

I stayed quiet for a moment and then buried my face in my pillow and sulked. He saw me... How embarrassing was that?!

But I had more serious things to think about. I remembered the red bold letters, telling me to "back off." I still didn't understand why I was being targeted by those group of righteous girls. What was I even doing with V?

I sighed as I turned myself to face my ceiling.

Then it hit me. Was it perhaps those group of girls that were glaring at me when V ran after me? That stupid idiot. I avoided him for a reason!

I sat up and scratched my head. What do I do? I knew it was a mistake... I should've never gone close to them, should've never had the heart to open up the bittiest to them. It was all a mistake.

Wait no, it never began to even start.

I plopped back onto my bed. Yes, it never even started. I've just been wanting friends for so long, that's why. I've just been imagining everything...

Reality was, they're only precious idols that I can only look at.

But truthfully, the moment was nice until it ended.

___________________

The next morning, I came to school early again to see if the girl, who still hasn't given my blazer, was there. It's either I didn't something now to get it back or I just wasted my money. No.

I followed the trail as I typically did. As I hoped, I saw the girl laying on the bench, I suppose, sleeping. I timidly began to walk over, but I stopped. Wait, what do I say? For a moment, I pace back and forth in the distant as I glance at her still figure.

Hey... I was the one who gave you my blazer. Can I have it back?

No, that won't do... Man, this is awkward.

Wait, what if she used it as a mat?! All those dirty footprints on there...

AISH! This is making me going insane! I lightly kick the tree that's right next to me out of frustration. And what if she's scared of me? A lot of people avoid me for that... But I'm the target of murderous girls if I don't stay away from BTS. I think that's more scarier...

I sigh in exasperation. Just be bold. Just be bold. I breathe in deeply and start walking towards the girl. But a second later, I scrunch my face, and turn back around when she turns her body, switching her position.

Come on Serri!! Stop always backing out!

"I don't know, I don't know!" I mutter and start pacing around again.

"Excuse me..." I hear a voice and then yawn afterwards.

I stop in my tracks. Instantly, I dread even coming here. After a second, I anxiously turn my head around to see the girl behind me.