4. One, Comes Another

Today is a great day to look at the cherry blossoms, and it's a perfect way to start off my morning.

I'm on the my way to work when I pass by a huge screen displayed on a tall building. The familiarity of Namjoons's face catches my attention. Then the screen displays all of the members. I find myself staring intensely at the screen with my eyes squinted and my mouth opened. Unbelievable...

Suddenly, the screen lets out a message, "Ladies and gentleman! The monster rookie group, BTS, will be holding a fan-meeting tomorrow! Come and show your support!"

I hear nearby girls squeal with happiness, and I could only make myself feel indifferent about all of this. If I were to see them, I'd rather kill myself. Not in a million years will I ever want to face them again. I shake my head to knock out the images of them floating around.

_______________________

When I walk into the café, I'm immediately greeted by one of the workers, Minah.

"Morning Serri! Glad to see you made it," she says smiling at me while still wiping the counter.

"Good morning unnie."

"I see you didn't change your plainness, " she chuckles.

"Heh.." I awkwardly say. One thing about me is that I can't live up to people's expectations. I don't change because I don't want to; there's just no reason to.

Minah still talks to me even though I'm not really worth talking to. I can already tell that she is the complete opposite from me: she has taste in clothes, she's pretty, she's popular with everyone, and she has people who care for her. I envy her.

_______________________

When my shift is about to end, Minah desperately runs up to me.

"Serri!!! Can you please take over for me?! I have this meet-up with my friends that I really need to go to."

I blankly stare at her; I can see the pleading in her eyes. Do people really go this far for some friends? I would reject, but I have nothing to do after work anyway. "Sure," I reply.

A huge smile takes over her small, pretty face. "You're a lifesaver! I'll treat you something in return! Thank you Serri!!!" she shouts while shaking my arm furiously. My arm feels like it's about to rip off. Minah rushes into the locker room and comes out wearing high waisted shorts, a crop top, and a jacket, and she charges towards the door while waving everyone goodbye.

Now I'm stuck behind the cash register and cleaning the tables.

A few minutes later, a person wearing tinted sun-glasses and a hoodie walks through the door.

"Uh.. 2 vanilla lattes, 1 caramel latte, 2 cappuccinos, and 2 café americanos please." This guy averts eye-contact and continues to awkwardly look around the café. What is wrong with him?

"Ah, okay. Thank you. That'll be 28,000 won." The person working beside me starts preparing the drinks.

"Serri?!"

I immediately look at him in dismay; I can't tell who this person is. How does he know me?!

He slowly leans over the counter towards me; I take a few steps back in caution. Then, he lowers his sunglasses, revealing his familiar face. "It's me, Taehyung," he whispers.

My eyes widen. "V?! What are you doing here?!"

"Shh! Don't be too loud! I'll get found out," he quickly urges me. He scans the café to see if anyone heard: no one. He turns his attention back to me.

"Why are you here?" I whisper.

"Obviously to buy some drinks for my members." He gestures over at the beverages being made. "Why are you working here?"

"I'm just here to waste time," I plainly say. "Why are you still wearing that?" I point to his sunglasses.

He whispers back, "It's a disguise. Don't you know anything? Us, idols, have to be protective of ourselves."

"That's nice..." I say.

"Anyway, has your leg gotten better?"

"Huh? Oh yeah, it's better. Thanks again for helping me..."

He takes off his glasses and shifts his body around in one spot. "I didn't really help you... Heh, in fact, i think Jimin and I were the ones who made you jump. Sorry about that.. But no problem!" He gives me a thumbs up while laughing. I just stay quiet. I don't blame them; it was all on me. The only question that rings in my head is why are they still talking to me? Our encounter completely ended after they went back to class. There's no reason to talk to me anymore.

"Don't you have someplace to go?" I ask.

He's leaning on the counter, spacing out when he jumps up and looks at his watch. "Oh yeah! They're waiting for me." He puts back his glasses and takes money out and places it in my hand. Once the worker hands him the seven drinks in those two 4-cup holders, he immediately turns around heading for the door. I look at him the entire time, money still in my hands. Suddenly, he turns around and shouts out, "I'll see you at the fan-meeting right?"

I blink exactly two times. The fan-meeting... The one I said I wouldn't go to. Before I can say that I'm not planning to attend, V comes walking back to me and sets his drinks down, clumsily leans over to grab a pen off of my shirt pocket, rips off a sticky note on the counter, and writes something swiftly.

"Here's the address. I'll see you there." He gives me a wink, and then he's out the door with everyone's attention on him.

I stay frozen. Why did I have to meet him out of all the people in the world?!

I stuff the paper into my pocket without reading it. I repeat a million times in my head that I will not go. I will not. I will not. I will not.

_____________________________

It is night time, and I am walking back home. I am still dreading about the fact that I met V. Will he start to come more often because he knows I work there? But I only work part time, and today was only day that I worked over time because of Minah. If he's an idol, would he be busy to even come? I sort all these possibilities in my head.

A sudden gush of wind overtakes me, and I stuff my hand into my pockets for some warmth. Then I feel something. I take it out and realize it's the note V gave me. I decide to read it. He left an address to the fan-meeting, and he left something else on it too.

"In return for us helping you, please come!
See you Serri."

I stop walking. I'm stuck in a tug-of-war now.

__________________________

Hello everyone! Finally got to update.. For this chapter, I purposely stayed up late to finish a partial part of it, so I can give you guys something to read as soon as possible. Thank you for reading guys! Look forward to what's going to happen~

Please vote, comment, and follow. It'll dedicate me to write even more!