9. Unpleasant Yet Pleasant

V's POV

The first thing I did when I walked into the café was try to spot for the girl I find quite amusing, Lee Serri.

My eyes looked through the black tint of my sunglasses: I searched behind the counter, but another woman was there. I scanned around the place, but I didn't see her.

"Aish! Let me go on first!" I heard Yoongi exclaim out of nowhere.

"No! Why did you have to come at the same time as me?! Move away!" Jimin shouted.

"Hurry up and move! It'a raining!"

Out of curiosity, I turned back to look at what the commotion was (exact moment Serri ran while hiding herself). I saw Jimin and Yoongi trying to fit into the door at the same time. They were shrugging at each other to go through the doors.

"Just let the oldest go first," Nam Joon said. "Have some manners."

After hearing what Nam Joon said, immediately, Jimin pouted while Yoongi stuck his tongue out to mock him. I could only laugh at them.

"So why are we here?" Jin asked.

I looked at him and said, "No particular reason..." And I turned to look for Serri again. I still didn't see her.

"Come on, lets go find a table," Ho Seok eventually said. And so we did.

Yoongi and Ho Seok went to order, but before they did, I saw what looked like the back of Serri. I instantly looked straight at her. And I noticed that she was continuously turning her head in our direction and back to what she was doing. Then, I saw her hide behind the counter while the woman working looked at her strangely when Yoongi and Ho Seok approached the counter. I looked out of the window and covered my smirk with my hand.

Oh gosh, I'm so mean.

However, the smirk disappeared, and my eyebrow raised in surprise when I spotted that girl with long, bouncy hair out of the window, running under a bus stop to avoid the immense pour of rain. I suddenly remembered that I had to give back her small journal...

_________________________

JungKook's POV

I looked at her. Instead of that poker-face she always had, even during that time she badly injured herself, she had a pained face written all over.

In that moment, her life looked

completely empty.

After a second, Serri fumbled backwards, out of the red umbrella and into the rain. I raised my eyebrows in surprise because I wondered what was she trying to do. I tried to extend my arm, so the umbrella would be under her again. But she pushed my hand back, making me have all of the protection. The rain began to slide down her face and drip rapidly onto the ground; her body completely soaked.

"Don't worry about me," she said softly while looking down at the ground. "You should take care of yourself first since you're an idol..."

I immediately opened my mouth to protest, but she quickly looked up at me with her solemn eyes and said, "I don't want to be the reason why you get sick and can't perform." Her eyes were pleading for me to go away.

"Me being an idol doesn't change the fact that I'm still a normal person," I said as I put the umbrella above us again. She stared at me, her eyes rigid.

I finally broke the ice by asking, "Anyway, where do you need to go?"

"To buy ingredients."

She stayed silent afterwards, leading the way. I could only stay close to her as I tried to tuck the umbrella above both of us. It was kind of hard since the red umbrella fit only for one person. Our shoulders were continuing to get wet.