Chapter Four - First Classes

"Hello! My name is Gemma, I will be your house prefect for the year!" She already sounded annoying. "If you just follow me, I will show you around the common room." Gemma waved for us to follow her. We were...in the dungeons? These better be very nice then. I scoffed as I began to follow the crowd, coming to a halt as we met a painting. "Pure-blood." Gemma announced. The painting swung open as we stepped in reaching stairs. Black leather couches filled the room. Taking my first step, a bit of cold nipped my nose. I looked over, my gaze meeting the fire. The warmth caressed my face as I quietly moved closer. Rough stone walls closed in around us, green tinted lamps laminated the icy ground. "Make yourselves feel at home! You'll find your school robes on your beds. The girls dormitories are downstairs while the boy dormitories, you'll find to be upstairs." She shot us a quick little smile before trotting off. I looked around as my classmates scurried off to the dorms. I then stood alone, or so I thought. "What seems to be the problem?" A familiar voice called to me. I enjoy his company, don't get me wrong but I didn't know what to say. I began walking towards the girls dormitories before feeling a warm hand grip my wrist. "Don't just ignore me like that..." Malfoy begged. "I'm sorry, I just don't feel well I guess. I'll meet back up with you in here once I change into my robes if that suits your preference." I said in a somewhat melancholic tone. He smiled and nodded as I released my wrist from his hand, grazing his fingers as I pulled away.

I quick-stepped my way down to the girls dormitories. Changing into my robes, I grabbed my book bag throwing it over my shoulder. "What's your deal...thinking you can just walk in like you own everything." A rather ugly girl ratted at me. She looked like a pug with too many birth defects. "Excuse me?" I walked up to her slowly, glaring the whole way. "You heard me. What's your deal?" She pushed me back lightly. "Here is what my deal is. I do own everything, or at least everything you can't ever seem to handle. Stay out of my way...plunger." I lunged at her. She yelped submissively as I brushed by her. I stormed up the stairs running into, once again...Draco Malfoy. "What took you so long?" He wondered as he grabbed my arm, preventing me from losing balance. "I had a little...conversation...with this rat-arse ugly girl. Don't worry about it." I pleaded. "Well I am going to worry about it. C'mon, let's go." He wrapped his arm around my shoulder as we began to walk to our first class.

A few minutes, many crowds, and exchanging conversations passed as we made our way to Potions Class. Quite lovely, I've never necessarily enjoyed Potions; nor will I start to. I walked in with the blondie as I took my seat. Crabbe next to Goyle, Goyle next to Draco, Draco next to me, and the person on the next table beside me...Hermione Granger. I wanted to absolutely choke myself. "You've got to be kidding m-" I instantly got interrupted as a man in a long black coat slammed open the door. Professor Severus Snape himself. "There will be no foolish wand wavering, or silly incantations in this class. As such, I don't expect many of you to appreciate the subtle science and exact art that is Potion Making. However, for those select few." There was a miniature pause as Professor directed his eyes to Draconus Lucius Malfoy. The young boy smiled, feeling glory. "Who possess, the predisposition. I can teach you how to bewitch the mind and ensnare the senses. I can tell you how to bottle fame, brew glory, and even put a stopper in death." Draco's eyes lit up with inspiration. "Then again, maybe some of you have come to Hogwarts in possession of abilities so formidable that you feel confident enough to not pay attention." Professors eyes burned into Harry's head. Everyone looked in his direction. "Mr. Potter, our new celebrity. Tell me, what would I get if I added powdered root of asphodel to an infusion of wormwood?" Hermione's hand instantly shot up. She wanted to answer that question so bad, almost as bad as I wanted to tape her to that bloody chair. Potter sat there confused. "You don't know? Well, let's try again. Where Mr. Potter would you look if I asked you to find a bezoar." The girls hand shot up a second time. I glared at her as I scoffed under my vulnerability. "I don't know sir." Harry replied. "And what is the difference between monkshood and wolfsbane?" Snape demanded. Nothing....they are the same. He has to know this at least. "I don't know sir." Harry cowered down. Hermione was practically jumping out of her seat. "Pity. Cleary, fame isn't everything...is it Mr. Potter?" Draco smirked at the Professors comment. I was in a bad mood from rat-arse and then Hermione Granger. The last thing I need is Draco's snide remarks.

"Snape completely revealed him. Potter is a fake, a crony." Malfoy remarked. Crabbe and Goyle snickered. "What is it to you Draco?" I snapped. "What's your problem? Why are you sticking up for him?" He expected me to have an answer. I didn't feel like talking, I was tired and irritable. "I asked you a question." Draco squinted his eyes at me. "Maybe, just maybe I haven't had a very good day. I just really wish you would take that into consideration." I quickly closed my book and got up from my seat, exiting the room in effort to get ahead of everyone. "F/N!" Yells echoed behind me. "Y/N wait up!" It came again. I kept on walking before I was face to face with Harry Potter. He was out of breath, I looked at him out of confusion. "What do you want Potter?" I scrunched my face up trying to get the point that I don't want to talk to him. "I just wanted to thank you, for sticking up to...you know? Draco." He smiled. I returned the smile, but soon as it came, it went. I saw Malfoy walk past, receiving a death glare in front of confusion. My heart broke. So much for sticking together...am I right? "I'll see you around Potter." I softly said before storming off. I underrated the amount of patience I am going to have to have for this year, especially having a Malfoy around. He was my only real friend I suppose, I just wish he wasn't that foul name I called him yesterday.