Chapter Thirteen - Half-Blood

Ever since our loss to our rivals, everything has seemed tense. No one wanted to communicate on the circumstances unless it was to rant about how Potter didn't actually catch the snitch. "Hello everyone." Greeted Blaise, as he took a seat across from me. I didn't dare look at him. Instead, I kept my head down and continued eating my food. "Hey Blaise!" I heard a peculiar rat squeak. I glanced up, eyes meeting the arm the annoying girl had linked with Zabini's. Better than chasing after Malfoy. "We have terms to talk. My cousin has arrived to Hogwarts." The Italian conveyed. "Pureblood?" Crabbe asked. "Well you see that's the funny thing." Blaise chortled. "What do you mean. She's not pureblooded?" Goyle faltered. Blaise bit his lip in a wicked grin, shaking his head to leave our group wondering. "Slytherin at least?" Malfoy questioned. "She is, but I'd rather her not be." Zabini scolded. "She isn't normal. She's a Hufflepuff with the smarts of a Ravenclaw, nobility of a Gryffindor, and resourcefulness of well...us. In my opinion, she doesn't belong here." . "Blaise!" A tall girl with short light brown hair, hazel eyes, and a beaming smile trotted over to us. Blaise pursed his lips in annoyance, directing his gaze to the floor.

"How's it going Baisel?" The girl exclaimed. "Guys..." 'Baisel' monotonously admitted. "This is Elaina Marinaro." Crabbe nearly lost his sanity at her last name. "Like the Italian sauce? How could you not like her Blaise? She's named after your favorite!" Zabini instantly shot him a death glare. Crabbe's face retorted in obedience from the look he was given. "Sod off Crabbe!" He demanded. We retreated to our Common Room, circling around the leather couches as Blaise plopped onto the couch. "So what did you mean 'not exactly' when we asked if she was pureblooded?" Draco whispered, looking over to see Elaina walking to her room noting that the coast was clear. Zabini leaned in, as well as the rest of us. "Well, you see. Her mother, my mum's sister came from a long line of purebloods. Her mum got in a divorce and got drunk before she was born. Her mum hooked up with a muggle, causing the birth of Elaina." Blaise explained. "So she's got dirt in her blood? How do you stand her?" Rat-arse shrieked in horror. "Well, you see that's the thing! I don't. Oh! And L/N, I got note that you won't be lonely in your room anymore." The tanned boy leaned back, hands behind his head with a smug expression as he looked at my face. My mouth was gaped open. "You're kidding right?" I growled, cracking my knuckles. "Calm down, tiger." He haughtily said. I felt an arm snake across my waist, pulling me close to comfort. I was startled until realizing it was the blonde headed boy I was familiar with. "Aw, would you look at Dragon Boy holding his princess close!" Pansy cooed. "She is my princess." Malfoy mumbled, making the chick shut her grid. My face laced with red as I looked for the floor.

"Hello everyone! We have class to go to..." Elaina trailed off as she entered the room causing our group to scatter away from her in rejection. I was the only one to stand my ground, I had to do something. "Um...yeah! What's your first class?" I spoke up, approaching the half-blood. I felt the leers burn into my back from my friends. Draco grasped my arm, pulling me back. "What are you doing? You can't hang out with her! Your parents will kill you!" He panicked. "Yes I am aware of that but remember what Blaise said? It's a secret. That's all I have to do- keep it a secret!" I gleefully reminded him. I could tell he had his doubts in the situation, resulting in me kissing his nose in reassurance. His features softened and he released his grip on me. "I am a big girl now, remember. You have to trust me." I left his hands to walk towards the new girl. "Y'all are cute!" She entreated. "Y'all...?" I repeated. "My bad, it's an American thing." Elaina lectured, and at that, we walked to our first class together- Potions.

"Here it is! Snape is a little strict, so just make sure you don't fool around." I warned her. "Why is it so cold down here?" She bemoaned. "It's the dungeons, what do you expect? Happy sunshine fields of Wales?" I gained stares from Crabbe and Goyle as they passed us. I lunged at them lightly, threatening the two to mind their own damn business. I saw them jump back and hurriedly scamper to the class. We took our seats as Marinaro kind of just stood to the side, not knowing where to take a seat. Suddenly, a man with a long black cape stormed into the room. "Why have you foreseen yourself to abilities of not taking a seat?" Snape demanded an answer. "Oh sir, I am new here." Elaina managed to say. By the look on her face, I could say she looked like she'd been petrified. "Accent, new face...right right. You must be Marinaro I presume, yes?" He mumbled. "Yes Professor." , "Perfect, I've got two talkers I have been looking to switch. WEASLEY!" His voice shook the classroom. "Go sit in the empty desk next to Longbottom, Marinaro next to Potter." Severus demanded the change as Harry rose his hand in acknowledgement. Elaina nodded her head and made her way to the other half-blood. She took her seat and shot me a look that read, 'he's cute!'.  I shook my head in denial and began to write notes on Draught of Peace.

"Can anyone tell me the color the substance should result in, hm?" Snape raised his nose in the air, scanning for answers. "I am sure newbie can tell you!" Taunted the rat who so happened to be named Pansy. "Ah, yes Ms. Marinaro. Do you have any idea?" Elaina trembled in her seat, not knowing the answer. "Shame." Snape spat. Snickers sang throughout the room. "Class dismissed." The professor announced. 'Newbie' in an almost instant slammed her book closed and ran out of the classroom, gaining a Harry Potter following behind. "AbbeyRose!" I screeched hoping to get the brunette's attention. "Oh hel-" , "No time to talk, let's go!" I took her arm and blazed down the hallway in hope to catch up with Harry. We erupted through the crowd of traveling students until finding ourselves in a empty corridor. "Great we lost them." I slid down the wall putting my head in my hands. A silence fell upon us until Abbey tapped my arm. "No, we didn't!" I could hear excitement as she pointed towards the two in the Astronomy Tower. I stood there shocked, Harry's arm wrapped around Elaina as she sobbed in his neck. I kept my place frozen at lost of words. What a sight.