Chapter Eight - Halloween Surprise

It was now Halloween, my least favorite Holiday. Ever. You are never sure when someone is joking you or not. We were gathered in the Great Hall for a feast. I looked around noticing Squirrel wasn't with Weasel and Harry before returning my gaze back to my half filled plate. I scowled as I struggled to stab and pick up a piece of tortellini. I heard snickers from Blaise Zabini and Draco Malfoy as I attempted to pick up my food. "Oh shut it you two." I groaned. I earned smug looks from both of them until I looked up only to see Draco looking at Bob-head. My blood boiled in frustration before a malicious idea popped into my head. "That Pansy chick is always seeming to give you a hard time L/N." Blaise commented. "Seems like you've got yourself a little follower!" He joked. "Oh please, if I wanted a bitch I would've bought a dog." I murmured. "Oh snap." Blaise laughed. Draco wasn't paying attention. He didn't seem to be 'checking her out', but I just couldn't stand the thought of the two of them paired up. Out of pure reaction I started flirting with Zabini, hoping to get Malfoy's eyes off that damn git. "So Blaise, what are your plans for tonight?" I slyly asked. His face burned a fuse of pink. "O-Oh, nothing really! What about you?" The boy sheepishly wondered as he rubbed the back of his neck. "Well, I wasn't planning on doing anything." I trailed off before I quickly spoke up, "But, I was wondering if you could join me on a walk by the lake tonight?" Draco quickly snapped his head at me. He was about to open his mouth until the Great Hall's doors were slammed open. "T-TROLL IN THE DUNGEONS! T-T-TROLL IN THE DUNGEONS!" Professor Quirrell busted out. It was silent before he added, "Just thought you'd like to know." Quickly fainting afterwards. An uproar of screams filled the air. Draco screamed like a baby. Classic! I died laughing.

"SILENT!" Dumbledore yelled. Almost in a instant, the Hall fell to a great silence. "Prefects, please direct the students to your common rooms." The Headmaster instructed. All of the Slytherins shot him an appalled look. This guy was bat-crap crazy! Our common rooms were in the dungeons! I looked around in panic as I saw Weaselbee and Potter fled the room. I scrunched my face in bewilderment on to how they weren't caught. They probably went to go find the troll and play hero for the day. Stupid boys. I scoffed before being yanked up by Draco. He dragged me following the rest of the crowd before all of a sudden, we took a right. I panicked. "Dray, what the hell are you doing?!" I whined. "I'm not letting us...or um, you get hurt!" He informed me as we ran out towards the Black Lake. He slowed down as we inched closer to the bank. Why were we here. I looked around my surroundings. The moon reflected off of the lake. "How come you took me here?" I broke the silence. "Because, you said you were going to take Blaise down here, and I wanted to do that...except you." He said under his breath before he took a seat by the water. "That makes no sense, you were staring at Rat-Arse the whole time!" I squeaked, pulling at my hair. He giggled a bit, leaving me standing there dumbstruck. His giggle was so adorable...I stood there frozen, face flushed pink. "You squeaked. It was cute." Malfoy said as he stood up and pushed a lock of hair away from my face. I smacked his hand away. "You never answered my question." I said fiercely. "Calm down, love. I was trying to figure out what could be so much better than you." Malfoy smoothly said. I didn't believe him. "Though you know it bothers me." I reminded him. He was quiet at this. All of a sudden a purple light hit my back as I heard a snotty girl curse me. "Titillando!". At this moment, I heard Draco agonize as he witnessed me fall to the ground...laughing? I struggled to breathe through the laughing. "Stop it! S-Stop it!" I shrieked. The arse ugly girl lowered her wand in disappointment. I pounded at the ground as the tickling sensation slowly came to a stop. Malfoy ran to my side, lifting me off the ground. "Are you okay Kitten?" he caressed my face. I was out of breath, and my lord he was extra. I lifted my hand up to his face. I set it there for a second before...

SMACK

"What the bloody hell was that for?" Draco sneered. I giggled a bit, glancing over to see Pitiful Pansy Parkinson running away...crying. The sorry little twat was upset, because she failed to hex me. I was flattered really to be her first victim. I shook my head. "You're quite the git you know?" I laughed softly. "What? You scared me half to death! I thought there was something wrong with you!" He whimpered. "Aw, is the Draco Malfoy going soft?" I teased. I gave him a playful kiss on the cheek. His face turned a bright red then wore a blank expression as he released his grip around me. I rapidly thudded to the ground. "Oh come on." I winced. He sat in thought, lips pursed. "Nahhhh, I think you'll just have to catch me." Dray gloated. He took off running towards the halls leaving me, to speedily chase after him. We soon entered the halls, skidding around corners. I finally caught up to him, tripping on my own speed. I found my self toppled over him as he held my mouth shut. I was surprised to see Professor Snape, Dumbledore, and McGonagall having a little conversation with Mudblood Granger, Weasel, and Harry Potter. I leaned in, eavesdropping. "What in your right minds made you think to come after the Troll?" McGonagall questioned. "I'm so sorry Professor. I've been reading and studying spells lately and I wanted to prove that I could handle it. I came searching for the Troll and quickly learned that I couldn't take him on. If it wasn't for Ron and Harry, I could be dead." Squirrel crowed out. I rolled my eyes. I knew it, they went after the troll. Stupid Gryffindors. Snape removed points from their house and they were dismissed. Me and Draco took off towards our Common Room before curfew. What a Halloween.