Chapter Sixteen - Housecup

"Another year, gone. Now as I understand it, the Housecup needs awarding! Thus, standing in fourth place...Gryffindor! At three hundred and twelve points." Dumbledore bellowed. "Alright!" I whispered gleefully, pumping my fist in the air. Draco gave Harry a sneer smirk while he hid in shame. "Third place, Hufflepuff with three hundred and fifty two points!" Another round of claps were heard. "Second place, Ravenclaw with four hundred and twenty six points!" The mass of Slytherin began cheering, for they knew what this meant. "And in first place, with four hundred and seventy two points...Slytherin!" I jumped up at the old man's announcement. "Yeah!" I cheered. Malfoy wore a smile nearly brighter than I've ever seen it. "Yes, yes! Well done Slytherin, well done Slytherin!" Dumbledore began. The table started to silence. "However, recent events must be taken into account! I have a few, last minute points to award." The man's gaze fell upon the Gryffindor students. Of course he would do that to us! "To Miss Hermione Granger...cool use of intellect while others where in grave peril...fifty points." My fist gripped tightly on the table. Filthy little mudblood can earn fifty points for being in a house she doesn't belong in, but she can't watch where she is walking? Draco's face slowly became sour. "Second, to Mr. Weasley! For the best played game of chess that Hogwarts has seen in these many years. Fifty Points." My blood boiled even more. A stupid game of chess? "And third, to Mr. Harry Potter." Knew it. "For pure love, and outstanding courage. I award Gryffindor House...sixty points." The envious blonde,  fixed a cold, stone glare onto Harry. "And finally, it takes a great amount of bravery to stand up to your enemies! Yet, a great deal more to stand up to your friends...I award ten points to Neville Longbottom." The red and gold table went wild. They were ahead of us... "If my calculations are correct, I believe a change of decoration is in order!" And with the clap of his hands, the once Slytherin banners that lined the hall...wore red.

"Gryffindor wins...the Housecup!"

chug, chug, Chug, Chug, CHug, CHUg, CHUG, CHUG

The train grew louder and louder as we began our journey home. I was quite thankful for the noise, for it distracted me from our loss. It was rigged! I'm telling you! "Hey, are you alright?" A small voice called out to me. "Go away Dr-" I looked up surprised to find Potter. "Oh. It's you." I groaned. "I'm sorry, I'll just go." Harry shamefully muttered. "No, I'm sorry. You don't have to leave." I confided. Even though the effort was put in, it came to waste. "Get lost, Potter." Draco snarled. Harry didn't even say anything, nor look back. He knew exactly who it was and he continued to his friends. "What did he say to you?" Draco demanded an answer. "Nothing, he was just wondering if I was okay. Now sit down I have to give you something!" I said. Without questioning it, he took a seat next to me. "What is it?" He pressured. "Calm down, geez. I missed you on your birthday," I coughed. "So I wanted to give this to you." I held out my hand revealing a small book. It was a little complicated to celebrate our birthday considering the dates. His was June the fifth, and mine the thirteenth...making him eight days older than me. "What's this?" He asked. "It's a photo album!" I lectured. "What am I supposed to do with it?" The stubborn boy goaded. "Maybe if you open it, you'd know." His slender fingers fidgeted with the tie that was holding it close. He turned the cover to reveal a few small photographs of us. Pictures from Christmas, and Easter. I smiled as his face turned pink, wearing a light grin. "Thank you," He said. "I'll keep it. Forever." His words embedded into my head, causing me to fiercely wrap my arms around his neck into a tight hug. "Hey now, hey now. You're going to crush what I got you for your birthday!" He chuckled, pushing my weight off of him. "You got me something?" I stammered. "Of course I got my little Kitten something!" Draco teased, pinching my cheek. I swatted at his hand. "Just because I am nearly a week younger than you, doesn't mean you can pick on me like a baby." , "Right, right. I'm sorry." He submitted. He handed me a small box. "What's in it?" I asked, shaking the box. "Just open it! I put a lot of thought into it. My mom didn't even have to make me." Draco bragged...not really having anything to brag about though.

I slid the top of the box off revealing thirteen cards. I pulled one out, revealing his semi-neat handwriting. 'Thirteen Reasons Why You're My Best Friend'  Flipping the card over, I read the first reason. 'You're funny, always finding a way to make me smile.'  I retrieved a second card. 'You remind me that there are better things in life than to be above others.'  I felt an unfamiliar sensation as tears began to form. "Why are you crying?" Draco panicked, grabbing my face to swipe the upcoming tear. "Did I do something wrong? Are you sad? Are you mad?" Draco rambled on and on before he took in a sharp breath of air. "Did you," Malfoy lowered his voice. "begin your...lady thing?" I snapped out of it, smacking him upon his head. "God, no Draco! I just turned twelve!" His face reddened at my reaction. "This just- I mean- I like it. No, I love it. Just, I didn't think you'd go this far...or soft  for me." I confessed. "Well, doesn't my best friend deserve the best?" He grinned, wrapping his arm around my shoulder. "Oh I think you two are more than just best friends!" Crabbe and Goyle stumbled into the compartment. "Goyle! Crabbe! What in Merlin are you two doing here? How long have you been listening?!" Draco ranted. "Just enough to say you two could really be a couple!" Vincent winked. "W-What? N-- No! We're friends!" The flustered blonde defended himself. I giggled uncontrollably at the quarrel between the three.

The train screeched to a stop. "We've arrived!" I exclaimed, grabbing Draco's arm to meet our parents. "Bye Crabbe! Bye Goyle!" I called out before rushing to the platform. "Calm down, Y/N!" Draco yelped. "We're going to the same place!" . I skidded to a halt. "What do you mean?" I questioned. "Didn't they tell you? I'm spending half of the summer with you!" Malfoy nearly sang in delight. A wide smile appeared on my face, "This will be the best summer, ever!" I chirped, jumping onto his back.

Indeed, what a great summer it was.

A/N [] Sorry you guys! I just absolutely love the soundtracks to all of the movies! Honestly, I find myself listening to them more often than pop music. I also want to apologize for the short chapter! I was a little bored with the ending of Year One so I kind of just winged it. Never fear, Year Two is going to be action packed! I hope you all enjoy the upcoming years as well!

                                                        xoxo,

                                                               EmmaGrace <3

NOTE: All years will be placed into ONE book.