Chapter Twelve - Quidditch

The first day back, we were greeted with the betting fans for the upcoming quidditch game. On news traveled through the school of possibly, the most heated match to start with; Slytherin versus Gryffindor. Draco was extremely bitter at the fact that Harry Potter was the one of the only first year students to become a seeker in centuries, and it was all because of him. In my opinion, he was being too hard on himself. He had every desire to see Potter fail, especially due to the fact that if Gryffindor won, they'd become second place in the House Championship. He was overwhelmed as he couldn't stop talking about how much Slytherin needed to win. Wood was overly confident on their team's 'future win' by the use of their not so secret weapon. You see, Oliver is aware that not many individuals know of Harry's spot on our rivals team, so he put in effort to keep it a secret. Not much effort it seemed, considering how many people already knew about the new addition. "I swear, if we lose to Gryffindor because of Potter...I'll give him another famous scar to boast about!" Draco's fist cracked under his clench. "Draco, don't get too excited. I think we'll win." I chuckled. He gave me a glare of sarcasm as I wished him goodnight.

Saturday morning clamors awoke me. Considering how empty it was in my room, voices of others bombarded the unfilled spaces. I planned on it being a lazy morning, the usual sit-around Saturday. That of course, was until the screeches of girls ricocheted through the hallway. I was about to open my door and investigate before being welcomed with many forceful knocks on my door. "Y/N! Y/N! Are you awake!?" I heard wildly on the other side. I swung open my door furiously quickly being met by a familiar Malfoy face-planting onto the floor. "Ouch..." Draco mumbled into the carpet. "What do you want, Dray?" I asked as I playfully kicked him in the side. "Oh, would you get up?" . "Was that really necessary?" The blonde persisted. "Oh, I don't know. Was rushing down the girls dormitories to tell me who knows what, then nearly knocking down my door necessary?" I squinted. His face wore an emotion of defeat before rising from his place on the ground. "I just wanted you to hurry to breakfast. We have a game to attend!" He abruptly hollered before wrapping his hand around mine to drag me into the Great Hall. "Draco! Draco! I'm not dressed!" I screamed over and over until he stopped, looking at me and realizing the conundrum. "Oh, right. I will just um, wait out here." Draco submissively spoke. I quickly ran back into my room to change into my house colored sweater, pulling my winter coat over me along with my scarf. "Are you do-" Malfoy stopped mid-sentence as he saw me walk out. "Should we go now?" I insisted.

We made way into the Great Hall, insults being flown left and right between the two upcoming teams. "Dirty cheaters!" A Gryffindor nagged across the way. "Filthy Mudbloods!" I heard some Slytherins shout. I sniggered at their comment before taking my seat. "This is a mess." I said, filling my mouth with some eggs as I placed my head against Draco's shoulder. He used his free hand to wrap around my back, giving my shoulder a slight rub. "Don't worry, I promise we'll win." He whispered into my ear the leaned back to meet my eyes with a genuine smile. Dumbledore hushed us all, announcing the game's about to take place. A sudden jolt of excitement fell upon the students as we all took off for the quidditch pit. The game of year was about to begin. Draco tangled fingers with mine, falling behind the students as we walked towards the attraction. The closer we got the more pale Draco seemed to become. "Are you alright Dray?" I urged. "Yes, I'm fine love. I promise." Draco quickly approved. His thumb ran along the side of my hand in attempt to reassure me. "You really are scared of losing, aren't you?" I regretfully spout. "I suppose. It's more of, if we lose...I am the one to blame. It's my fault that I chose to steal the fat lard's glass ball thingy." , "It's a remembrall, and I really think you are taking too much pressure upon yourself." . "I have a reputation to uphold, Y/N. You know this." Draco voiced his emotions. "Besides, if anything stupid happens...I can just say that my father will hear about it and it turns to fix itself." He carried on. I scoffed in disbelief at his worries as we trudged up the long, unforgiving journey to the stands. "Malfoy! --- Ma- Malfoy!" I heard two pathetic calls approach us. It was Crabbe and Goyle, gasping for air. "Wha- Crabbe, Goyle! I thought I told you this was my time with Y/N!" Malfoy furiously ranted. I blushed at his tantrum towards the boys as they trembled beneath their ego. "Come on, Y/N. We have a game to watch." The nervous boy fit his arm behind my neck as we ran to get seats.

Within moments, our team zipped out of the platform to make a lap around the pitch. I squealed in excitement as they passed by. "Come on Slytherin!" I thrust my fist into the air in cheers. Draco was the happiest I had seen him in a long time. He was laughing and clapping his hands with pride. Secondly, a blob of red followed after our warriors. Boos rose from our section as they made way. "Welcome to the first game of the year! Slytherin versus, Gryffindor! Wow-wee! Seems like Gryffindor has got themselves a new seeker! The one, and only...Harry Potter!" Jordan fanned. Gasps here and there were sparked as crowds went absolutely nuts. I remained quiet, instead I glared towards our rivals. In my time of staring, the game had started. "The game has begun!" Lee Jordan upbraided. The green mixed in with the red, instantly bumping into one another. "Ten points to Gryffindor!" Lee sung. I cringed under his cheers. Already? I slammed my hand down in testimony. Slytherin gained the quaffle, my hopes instantly climbed back up as Flint kicked a Gryffindor out of the way. "Ooooh!" I heard the crowd rejoin. Flint charged the quaffle to the ring, yet being knocked out of the way by Wood. My eyes directed to Wood, melting at the sight. Wood grinned in triumph. He was, wow. I smiled a bit, but Draco immediately seemed to notice as I gained a scold from him. "Wood? Really? Don't even think about it!" The blonde protested. He then rolled his eyes in annoyance. "Another ten points to Gryffindor!" Jordan trilled a little too excitedly. I sighed. I was only making the game worse. Our crowd was now quiet, Draco looking up into the clouds in somewhat anger. Another one of our teammates launched the quaffle towards the ring, only to be blocked my Wood once again. I tried to contain myself from curling my lips. Marcus Flint growled as he knocked back the quaffle, hitting Oliver in the face. "No!" I screeched as I saw Wood fall to the ground. Everyone looked at me in disgust. "Oh, I was just...complaining about how we are losing." I mumbled, gaining suspicious looks as everyone returned to being contempt.

Draco laughed at the motionless Wood. "Ten points to Slytherin..." Lee groaned. Finally! I perked up at the score. A smile beamed back onto my face. Green became horribly rough, but it gained us the points. "Come on!" I yelped. At my words, the quaffle was launched gaining us more points. The bell rang to our road to victory. I looked up noticing Harry spotting the snitch. 'Oh no...' Harry took off towards the golden mischief before being halted by a malfunction. Harry's broom went absolutely crazy! I saw two familiar Gryffindors rise from their seat. My suspicions took the best of me. "Draco come on!" I grabbed his arm. He jerked it away at my touch. "Not with you, Wood-lover!" He snarled. "I am not! Just come on! Please!" I started yanking him back and forth. "Fine! Just let go of me!" He swatted my hand away as he followed me down the stands. Draco grabbed my arm and pointed at Harry, now holding on for dear life by one hand. "Pathetic!" He grimaced, laughing at the sight. Before I could pull him along with me, Harry was back on his broom. "Aw man!" Malfoy pouted. We hurried back to our seat, watching Terence and Potter go head in head, knocking back and forth. They took a sharp turn towards the ground, resulting in Higgs fleeing from the sight. "You fool!" I chimed, making the girl next to me cover her ears from my screams. Scar-head kept leading towards the snitch, pulling up with all his might to avoid contact with the grass. Harry then stood on his broom, leaving me in mental-shock. Potter then took one more step forward, throwing himself off of his broom. The snitch was nowhere to be seen. The crowd grew quiet. "He's gonna be sick!" I heard Crabbe. All of a sudden, a golden ball emerged from his mouth. I already knew what this meant. "Harry Potter has caught the snitch, earning Gryffindor one hundred and fifty points! Gryffindor wins!" Lee Jordan cheered. "What? He didn't catch it! He nearly swallowed the thing!" I raged. Draco sunk in his seat, "No..." He quietly mumbled. He rose his hands to his face in defeat. "Potter! Potter! Potter!" Chants took over the environment as the rest of our rival team surrounded Harry with smiling faces. 'Stupid Potter'. I spat on the ground in utter disrespect before storming ahead of everyone. Welcome back to Hogwarts.