The Wave

Silver's POV

I was very worried about the baby and couldn't hold tears back. Shadow patted my back and smiled at me. The doctor looked at us.

"The bad news is that the baby has developed a mutation. It's the disease alpinism, it's a mutation that comes with the power to make someone extremely pale, for example; white body hair, very pale skin. Like someone drew a person on a piece of white paper and cut it out without coloring it." I felt The Wave of relief over me. I smiled and Shadow looked down at me.

"About the alpinism, this disease can cause skin cancer, and could kill the baby." "Don't worry doc, I've got that covered." Shadow said smiling. A nurse came out of the delivery room and handed the doctor a small baby wrapped in blankets. He smiled at the baby.

"Mr. Silver and Mr. Shadow, you're the parents of a beautiful baby girl." He said. A girl! I stood from my chair and ran toward him. He handed over a little baby girl. I smiled at the baby and looked up at Shadow who had fainted. "Sorry, he's just a little too happy." I said smiling and hugging the little girl.

Shadow's POV

I awoke on my bed looking up at the ceiling. The house was extremely quiet and Silver wasn't here with me. I went down stairs into the living room and he was on the couch asleep. By his side was a crib, with our daughter in it. I smiled at the infant. I picked her up and thought of a name. Well, Silver's gonna have to help me on that.

Her eyes remained closed because she was a new born. She reached for my face but I held her hand. She made cooing sounds as she was trying to get to my face; but failed. She started crying.

"No, please don't cry..." I said leaning to kiss her forehead. I put her head over my shoulder and rubbed her back. She smiled at me and put her hand on my cheek. "You're adorable, you know that..." I said kissing her nose. Silver awoke. "I see you've been busy with the baby." I said looking at his hair, which was a mess. I kissed his lips with the little girl in my arms.

Silver let me explore him. Then something broke out kiss. The baby girl had just gotten into our kiss. She giggled as we looked at her. "Hi baby!" Silver cooed. I handed her over. "So, what are we gonna name her?" I asked Silver. "I don't know, you know; I've always liked the name Mia." He said. "So why not Mia?" I asked. "You give her the second name..." He said.

"Me? Silver I'm not good with names." I said looking at the baby. "Just pick one." "I don't know... Why not Isabelle?" I asked him. "Mia Isabelle... Has a good tone to me." He said. "Good, now; what do you want for breakfast?" I asked. "Whatever you want baby." He said, I smiled. I went to the kitchen and made breakfast.

Silver entered cradling Mia Isabelle in his arms. She looked so adorable. "Shadow, why do I love you?" Silver asked with loving eyes. "Maybe because I'm just so perfect."I said with a smirk. He laughed and Mia cried, searching for Silver's chest. She gripped his shirt tightly with her little hands and shoved her face in the top past of his shirt. "Silver, that's gonna be a problem." I said smiling at the little one. Mia started making cooing sounds. Silver rocked her in his arms. "I'll be back." He said going into the living room.

Silver's POV

I got a bottle out Mia's diaper bag. I opened it and gave it to her. She stopped crying and I sighed. I went back to the kitchen, there Shadow had our breakfast ready. "Breakfast's ready." He said. I started eating and Mia continued her drinking.