Chapter 1

Hi my name is Rain Marie Gates. Im 15 years old and have been in foster care for seven years now and have been in and out of about 10 different homes. I just want to be somewhere permanently but that doesn't really happen for a kid like me.

People like to call me a freak and weirdo. My foster parents never really like me, mostly because of the music I listen to.

The lady I'm living with now, her name is Rachel and she is very abusive towards me. She doesn't like me talking to her snob of a daughter ally, which I don't complain about.

"Rain get down here now or you're walking to school!!!" Rachel yells up to me.

"Coming!" I yell back running downstairs and leaving with them to go to school.

I put in my ear buds but they are soon yanked out of my ears by Ally. Rachel starts to talk "I'm having friends over tonight so don't come home till after 8." She says sternly. I just nod and she throws my headphones back at me.

We get to school and get our schedules and locker numbers. When I get to my locker, I see that a guy with black and green hair has the locker next to mine. He also has a lip piercing.

I close my locker and I get hit with a paper ball. "Freak" is yelled at me and the guy looks in my direction.

"You okay?" He asks me and I nod softly. He smiles "wanna walk to homeroom together?" I nod again smiling.

We get to homeroom and sit in the back. "My name is Rain by the way."

"Nice name, my name is Justin" he smiles "wanna compare our schedules?" I nod.

He hands me his schedule and I compare it with mine "we have all of the same classes this is great!"I smile. He laughs at me. I'm glad that I made a friend. "So after school do ya wanna go to the mall or something? I can't go home till around 8."

He looks at me with a concerned face. "Uh yea and then we can go to my house after my mom can drive you home." I nod.

We go to our first class Spanish and take our seats. The teacher starts talking about a family project. I tense up a little and Justin must have noticed because he started rubbing circles on the back of my hand. I calm down and do the worksheet that the teacher had given us.

After class Justin stops me "hey are you okay?" He asks sincerely.

"Uh yea I just don't like talking about my family" I look down.

"Whys that?" He asks softly.

"My parents died when I was 8." I say starting to cry he doesn't say anything he just hugs me tightly.

"I'm so sorry" he hugs tighter.

"It's fine" I wince. "It's not your fault."

After school Justin and I walk to his house. "So how's your family?" I ask him kicking a rock.

"Well it's just me and my mom right now, my dad left us when I was little." He says with a small smile.

"I'm sorry" I say looking down as I continue to shuffle my feet.

"It's ok honest I'm fine with it." He holds my hand and I start to smile. We get to his house and walk in. A small woman that looks like Justin, smiles and pulls me into a huge hug. "Hey mom I was gonna go hang out at the mall for a little while I'll be home soon."

"Alright sweetie we are having beef stew for dinner." He nods then pulls me out of the house and we walk to the Towson mall.

I look at my dirty old converse as I walk. When we get to the mall we immediately go to hot topic. Me and Justin separate and I start looking at band tees.

I see an All Time Low tee shirt and look at it. Someone behind me says "I like your taste in music" I turn around to see that I am face to face with none other than Alex Gaskarth.

"You're you're A-Alex G-Gaskarth" I say trying to keep my cool.

He just laughs "yea, I guess I am. What's your name?"

"I'm Rain it's nice to meet you." I keep my eyes on my shoes.

"Is that a bruise?" He asks pointing at my leg.

"Uh yea I fell" I lie to him not wanting to tell him about Rachel.

He just stares at me I know he doesn't believe me and Justin walks over, once he sees who I'm with he drops the stuff he was holding. "You're you're-"

He's cut off by Alex saying "Alex Gaskarth yea I know" he laughs and I smile a little. "So do you two want to go grab a bite?"

"Yea sure" the three of us walk to the food court. Justin and Alex get Chick-fil-A and I just sit at a table.

"Aren't you hungry?" Justin asks me. I just shake my head and I guess he accepted it until he slid a couple of nuggets and fries on a napkin to me. I smile softly and eat them taking small bites.

Alex sits down and starts eating. After awhile he starts to ask things. "Rain tell me about yourself I wanna know all about you" he says looking at me.

"Well my parents died when I was little. They were in a car crash." I start to say and he gives me a sad look. "I've been in foster care since then."

"Wow you must've been through so much" Justin says. I just nod

Then I start to say "I love bands especially yours and yea that's pretty much everything."

"What about the foster home you're in right now?" Alex asks me.

I tense up a little. "I d-don't like her she's really m-mean" Just then I get a call and it's Rachel, I answer and put the phone to my ear. "He-"

I'm cut off when she screams "where the hell are you!?"

"At the mall with some friends" I say back to her quietly.

"You don't have any friends now get your ass back home and clean my house or you don't wanna know what will happen." With that she hangs up.

I grab my bag, "I have to go" I rush out of the mall and walk home.

When I get home I walk inside and Rachel slams me into the wall when I fall to the ground she starts kicking me. Suddenly it stops and there are people yelling and sirens. That's all I remember before darkness took over.

---------------------

Thank you for reading I hope you all liked this first chapter there will be plenty more so don't worry. Please don't forget to comment