Chapter 3

(This is Rain)

Monday came sooner than expected when the agonizing alarm clock beeped. And I heard Alex come in my room banging a spoon on a frying pan. "Get up for school" he says in a deep voice. I groan and I feel I've cold water being poured on me as I scream.

"Dad!!!!" I shriek and jump out of bed. "You're cleaning this up mister." He laughs and leaves me to get dressed.

" He laughs and leaves me to get dressed

Her outfit~

I walk downstairs to smell bacon I run to the kitchen and Alex hands me a plate. "Thanks dad!"

"You're welcome I'm gonna drive you to school today" i smile nodding. When we got in the car I took my CD out and put it in. Almost immediately Green Day starts playing.

"I made this mixtape Rachel gave me money for things when she had too" I smile and Alex smiles back.

About five minutes later we get to the high school. "Have a good day Rain."

"Ok dad I'll try" he smiles driving off. I walk into the large school and almost immediately find the office. I walk in getting my schedule and locker info. I go find my locker and open it putting my book bag in. I grab my binder and head to homeroom. When I get to homeroom I introduce myself to the teacher. "Um excuse me I'm new here my name is Rain Gaskarth."

The woman looked up from her papers, "just take a seat or be back by the bell." She looks down at her papers again. I pull out a sketch pad as I sit down by my locker and finish drawing Alex, Jack, Zack, and Rian. I look at the clock and see I have 10 minutes left. I get up and sit at my locker and draw. The minute bell rings and I head back in to homeroom taking my seat.

The teacher gets up when the bell rings. "Hello class, we have a new student joining us, Rain? Would you like to introduce yourself?"

I nod slightly and stand up. "Um my name is Rain and I'm adopted and have an adoptive dad now he's cool." The teacher smiles at me then the announcements start.

The bell rings and as I'm walking to my first class a kind of cute guy walks next to me. He smiles at me. "I'm Tyler what's your name?"

"I'm Rain" I mumble quietly

"Nice to meet you Rain, so you're kinda cute are you doing anything after school?" He asks me.

"Uh not really I'll ask my dad and get back to you" I say as we get to class apparently he has art too.

He sits next to me and hands me his number. "Just so you can tell me where you live." I smile a little and nod.

The art teacher gives us the assignment and I get to work. I have to draw someone important to me so I pull up a picture of Jack and Dad and start to draw them. I write the words 'For Baltimore'. Once I finished my detailed drawing I hand it in to my teacher. She smiles and I go sit back down.

Tyler leans over "how did you draw Alex like that?" He asks astounded.

"I live with the man" I giggle. His eyes widen and I cover his mouth, "yes he's my adoptive dad calm down."

He calms down a little and smiles. Lunch rolls around and Tyler and me sit st his friends table. I text Alex...

To Dad

Is it ok if a friend came over after school?

From dad

Yea it's fine your uncles will be here

To dad

Kk, thanks dad

From dad

Welcome sweetie

I put my phone away and turn to Tyler. "He said you can come over" he smiles.

"Um rain can I ask you something?" He asks me scratching the back of his neck.

"Uh yea what is it?" I ask him.

"Will you be my girlfriend?" I look at him confused.

"You wanna date me? Why?" I ask still confused

He looks confused too, "cause you're beautiful" he smiles and hugs me.

"Alright I'll date you" I giggle. "Wait you have to meet my dad and uncles later" I start laughing. He laughs too.

After school Tyler gets a ride with me back home. Once we get in the house I'm tackled by Jack until he notices Tyler then he gets off of me. "Who's this?" He asks getting protective.

"Ok all of you sit on the couch now!" They all sit and Tyler walks over hugging me. "Dad, uncle Jack, uncle Rian, uncle zack, meet my boyfriend Tyler"

"What!?" They say simultaneously and I look at dad who gets up and walks over to Tyler "take care of my little girl"

"I will sir don't you worry" he hugs me and kisses my cheek.

Then Jack walks up "if you break her heart I won't hesitate to break you" he says threateningly and I punch him in the arm playfully. He pretends that it hurt. Me and Tyler go downstairs to the den and watch Netflix cuddling.

Later on dad makes tacos for dinner and I eat a few. Tyler eats about the same and Jack eats like 10. I laugh at him and Tyler's mom comes to get him. He kisses me goodbye and leaves. I smile to myself and dad smiles at me. "I trust him Rain he's a good kid" I smile at that.

I yawn, "I'm gonna head to bed" I kiss him on the cheek. "Goodnight dad" I say and head upstairs getting changed brushing my teeth and lay down in bed falling asleep. While I sleep I have a nightmare...

Nightmare~

I'm walking to school and Rachel comes up to me grabbing me. I see dad and my uncles running towards me as she stabs me. I see Tyler there too.

End~

I wake up screaming bloody murder, dad and jack run into my room "Rain calm down it was just a dream" Alex coos and hugs me tightly rocking me back and forth until I fall asleep.

"I'm gonna stay with her" jack says laying in bed with me and holding me. Alex goes back into his room.

The next morning I wake up and get ready. I walk downstairs to see Tyler sitting at the counter and I sit next to him curling into his side. My dad hands me and Tyler a plate of eggs and we share it.

"Hey dad what happened to Rachel?" I ask him

"She was set free but we have a restraining order on her so we're ok" he smiles kissing my forehead.

"Ok lets go Tyler" I say softly and we walk to school holding hands. When we get to school we go to our lockers. When I get to mine I'm pushed up against the lockers by a couple girls.

"Hey freak" the center girls says as she knees me in the gut. She punches me in the face and her friends kick me repeatedly.

All I hear is someone yell "HEY GET OFF HER!!!" Then darkness takes over.

Cliffhanger don't get mad at me but wow two updates in one day I'm on a roll

Word count: 1192