Chapter 2

I wake up and realize that I'm in a hospital bed. I look around to see no one around me. I sit up and a doctor comes in. "Oh you're awake, someone's been wanting to see you."

As she says this Alex walks in, "hey kid how you feeling?" He asks and sits on the bed next to me.

"I'm fine I guess you didn't have to stay here with me though." I say quietly avoiding eye contact.

"Of course I did, I'm not letting you go back to that woman, I wanna adopt you." He says and everything goes silent. The Alex Gaskarth wants to adopt me. This has to be a dream there is no way that any of this is real.

"You're kidding me right?" I ask him my eyes still wide.

"Um no I'm not kidding" he laughs. "I really want to adopt you." He hugs me and I hug him back.

"Thank you" that's all I say before Justin bursts in the room.

"Is she ok is she alive is she going to make it?!" He asks dramatically.

I giggle "I'm fine ya dork." He hugs me tightly, "and guess what, Alex is adopting me!"

Justin's smile grows and he hugs me tighter. "I'm so happy for you Rain" I smile and he lets go.

Alex comes Back in the room, "so ready to go get your stuff kid?" I nod smiling and he hands me my clothes which I change into.

We head out of the hospital and I say bye to Justin. I get in the car with Alex and we drive to his house.

When we get to the house my jaw drops. "No way... the house is huge!!!" I scream.

Alex Just stands there laughing at me. "Glad you like it." He smiles "ready to see your room?" I nod and we run up there like little children.

We get to a door and Alex opens it up to show a huge room with blue walls and black furniture. A walk in closet and my own bathroom. Alex then throws me a small box wrapped in gold wrapping paper. I open it to reveal a gold iPhone 6s Plus (cause let's face the facts who really likes the 7?) my jaw drops. "I thought you would need a phone my number is already in there." Alex smiles.

I run up to him and give him a huge hug. "Thank you so so much Ale- um I mean dad."

"You're welcome baby girl" I feel him hug back and smile. "Oh and by the way here's the remote for your tv" I look at the flatscreen and smile turning on Netflix. Alex leaves and I watch lilo and stitch.

Alex's pov~

I walk downstairs smiling to myself, she called me dad. I call Jack and he immediately picks up. "Hey Alex what's up bro?" He asks quite loudly.

"I'm fine Jack, listen I adopted a girl and I want you and the guys to meet her" I look at the time to see that it's 5 o'clock. "Could you round up the guy and be here for dinner around 7?"

"Of course Alex we will all be there" jack says, "I can't wait to meet the little gaskarth."

I just smile, "see ya at 7 Jack." With that I hung up.

Rain's pov~

Alex came up to my room, "hey Rain, your uncles are coming over in a couple hours for dinner." I smile and nod, wow a real family dinner. I haven't had one of those in a very long time. I smile to myself as he leaves.

Around 7 I hear Alex yell, "Rain they're hear!!!" I run downstairs only to be picked up into a huge hug by a two tone haired man. He was fairly tall and adorable.

"You're-you're Jack Barakat!" I say astounded. He just laughs and nods.

"Yep that's me and over there is Zack and Rian" I wave smiling. "And you must be little Gaskarth, you're so cute" he giggles and I smile.

"So what's for dinner dad?" He ponders the question for a moment. "Pizza" he says simply and goes off to order it.

While we wait for the pizza to arrive. Jack throws me over his shoulder and walks downstairs putting me on the couch. "How about some mario kart... wait I never got your name!"

I laugh, "it's Rain"

"I like it" he puts in Mario kart and sits neutro me on the couch handing me a controller. "You're goin down little gaskarth!"

"In your dreams barakitty!" I laugh at him. 3 laps later I jump up in victory "ha in your face barakitty!"

"How did you beat me?" He sits there astounded and I just giggle "I'm just better than you." And Jack gets all pouty.

Alex calls us up for dinner when the pizza gets here. Jack gives me a piggy back ride up the stairs. "So who won" I point to myself and Alex high fives me.

Jack just sits there pouting and I hug him. "It's ok barakitty there's always next time." He smiles and we eat our pizza. "So dad where will I be going to school?"

Alex looks at me, "you'll start at the school right down the street from here. It's called Dulaney high it's a good school I went there." He smiles at me. (Funny story I actually live like 40 mins from that school I live a county over from where Alex grew up ok I'll shut up now)

"Ok when do I start?" I ask him hoping it wouldnt be too soon.

"Monday, I know it's soon so we are going school shopping tomorrow too" I nod and he hands me a piece of paper. "Justin wanted you to have this."

I open the piece of paper to reveal Justin's number I squeal and run upstairs putting his number in my phone. I text him...

To Justin

Hey it's Rain

From Justin

Hey how's it going over there?

To Justin

Great my uncles are really cool this is a good home

From Justin

I'm glad I've got to go text me if you need anything see ya

To Justin

Kk see ya dude

I clear my apps and turn my phone off walking back downstairs. "Soooooo who's Justin?" I hear Jack ask.

"Just a friend he and Alex saved me from my witch of a foster mom." Jack looks to Alex with an explanation.

Alex sighs, "her Foster mom abused her we found her beating her the day that I met her after that we took her to the hospital and now we are here."

Jack smiles and hugs me "I'll never let anyone hurt you ever again I promise"

Hey guys so that's chapter 2 hope you like it. Sorry it took so long. I try to make the chapters long for you guys this chapters word count not counting the authors note is 1118 words I also suffer from writers block and it gets to me I'll try to update as often as I can. Also tell me if you want to be a character in the book. Just give me a description.