eighteen | i'll be the monster

{Thank you to @FarahFFR for being such an amazing supporter like commenting and voting! Thank you for giving me the motivation! This chapter is for you (: }

Ruby Elvira.

The girl, no, the walking demon, who made not just me but my friends' lives a living hell was standing before me. A part of our youth that we didn't ever want to remember. A memory that forever tainted our hearts.

"Nice to meet you, Luna," a devious smile played on her crimson red painted lips as she held out a pale hand for me to shake. Her acrylic nails made it look like claws and her numerous jewellery looked like it wanted to cut through my flesh. To see me bleed.

I stared at her hand, almost horrified as the memories from before knocked on my door, hoping for me to let them in. I inhaled a sharp breath whilst glaring daggers at her. "Likewise, Ruby. Say, where are you originally from?"

Ruby cocked her head to the side slowly, her eyes twinkling in amusement as I watched Ashton and Cayden take a step back as if the heavy atmosphere was pushing them away from us. "Ah, Luna. Curious, aren't we?"

I smirked. "Damn right."

She shrugged nonchalantly. "I was born and raised here in this town. I moved, though, a year ago, to New York."

I nodded. "So, do you happen to know my sister, Dakota Steele?" I wasn't going to beat around the bush anymore. It was pathetic to drag the whole situation out anyway.

I noticed one of her eyes twitch as my smirk grew, knowing I hit a weak spot as I decided to continue on. "Oh, and sleeping with my best friend's boyfriend? Oh my goodness! Don't forget the part where I nearly died because of you."

When the last sentence escaped my lips, a gasp escaped both of Ashton's and Cayden's lips as they stared at me with widened eyes, their mouths unhinging in shock. I raised a challenging eyebrow at Ruby whilst ignoring the boys' confused expressions, fists clenched at her sides and jaw clenched as if it was about to snap. But deep down, my heart was racing with fear and my mind was as blank as a paper.

"And here you are, living, despite it all," Ruby mused, rolling her shoulders back before glancing over to Cayden, giving him an awkward award-winning smile. A smile I so desperately wanted to wipe off. "I'm leaving."

"No need," I responded, raising a hand in the air as I shot Ashton an apologetic smile who was struggling to process the information inside his head. "I'll leave. Besides, I have a sister to take care of."

Without a second thought, I strutted out of the house in my stilettos, hoping to get far away as I could from Ruby. I bit my lips nervous and hurried out to the driveway, the cold breeze brushing against my skin as I cursed under my breath for not bringing some sort of jacket.

I rummaged through my purse and fished out my phone, trying to calm my heart in the process before scrolling through my contact's list.

I suddenly had the urge to cry. I didn't know why. A lump rose in my throat as tears stung my eyes viciously before a stray tear slid down my cheeks. My chest constricted in pain as each tear slowly escaped my eye as if it had been caged this whole time and now, they were finally free.

No longer able to control it, I collapsed to my knees and dug my face into my hands, hoping that no one around was able to see me whilst memories of my past came flooding back to me like waves. I was drowning in my own thoughts and I just wanted...needed for someone to save me.