nineteen | i didnt expect you to still be a bitch

Today was the day my parents was coming home.

Well, that was Dakota had informed me with.

It's been a week and during that week, Ashton and Landon had been MIA whilst my friends and I, excluding Hailee since she has been hanging out with Matt a lot, tried to figure out a way to break it to her that her boyfriend was cheating on her. It was going to be tough because Hailee and Matt have been in a relationship for about two and a half years now.

He was practically her world.

I left Ashton a few messages -and when I meant a few messages, I meant twenty- asking about what he was up to. I mean, I would've sent a hundred but I didn't want to come off as desperate. He didn't even read them but I didn't mind, I had other better things to do then just sit around and mop like lovesick girls.

As I descended the stairs, I felt the satisfaction of skipping a school day flow through my body, waltzing into the kitchen to only find Dakota rummaging through the fridge, her back facing greeting me.

I clenched my jaw and decided to turn back around and walk out when the sound of the fridge closing caused me to halt in my steps.

"Luna!" Dakota exclaimed, surprise hidden in its tone as I turned on my heel and frowned. Never has Dakota ever called me by my nickname. "So you've decided to greet mom and dad home today."

I rolled my eyes, crossing my arms over my chest. "No. I'm only skipping school because I want to and besides, I'm going to be out before they even get here."

Dakota's face fell as she sighed heavily. She shook her head slightly and poured herself a glass of orange juice. "I think they're going to be really happy when they come home to see us together. Besides, we...kind of bonded while they were gone."

I stared at her flatly but I knew she was right about the bonding part. "The only thing you bonded with is the bruises and cuts that are on your face."

She huffed. "Is it still visible through the heavy makeup?"

I shrugged. "Kind of. Pack some concealer on and you're good to go."

She beamed like an excited child. "Thanks."

Again, I rolled my eyes to depict that I was annoyed but inside, I was...relieved. "Whatever."

I rocked on my heels, waiting for time to pass by as my sister played with her glass cup of orange juice, taking a sip every few seconds or so. I bit my lips in nervousness before heading towards the pantry and retrieved a chocolate bar.

"Ashton seems nice," Dakota said, trying to spark up a conversation as she watched me cautiously.

I shrugged as my mind reared back to the night of Cayden's party after I had stormed out. Ashton had decided to take me home since I had been insulting him nonstop after he had taken a u-turn. He had muttered something under his breath about saying that sometimes I was a madwoman and always got what I wanted.

As someone clicked their fingers in front of my face, I blinked and was immediately pulled back to reality where I found my sister smiling up at me. I found myself grinning and immediately wiping it off, plastering on a blank expression. "He's a retard."

Dakota chuckled. "And that 'retard' likes you."

I choked on my chocolate bar before slamming my hand on my chest, trying to stop myself from choking. I frowned and turned my head to see Dakota smirking. "That's one of the most stupidest things I have ever heard you say."