twenty-three | that's my girl

As I slid out of my car, I noticed my friends standing next to each other, looking nervously whilst people have crowded around them, throwing them confused glances.

I raised an eyebrow in confusion before locking my car as I strutted towards the crowd, waving off each and one of them away with one of my glares until it was just the four of us again.

"What's wrong?" I questioned, my stomach churning uncomfortably inside my stomach as I watched my friends' faces morphed into a concerned one. I could feel the good mood Ashton had somehow put me in last night begin to plummet down the drain.

Jiao cleared her throat and plastered on a blank expression before sighing heavily. "She's here."

I cocked my head to the side, confused. "What and who on earth are you talking about?"

Tori clenched her jaw tightly, her fists balling at her sides as her eyes suddenly began to slowly move away from my eyes to something behind me. "Elvira."

I ran a hand through my hair in frustration, completely confused on what they were going about. "I honestly don't fucking understand what you're talking about. Work with me here."

Hailee shook her head amusedly before grabbing my shoulder tightly and turned me around. It took me a while for my mind and eyes to register what I was supposed to see and after a moment later, a tall figure with straight dark brown hair and eyes that glimmered in the sunlight. She wore a fitted dress with silver stilettos that looked like it was about to stab through my beating heart.

"You've got to be kidding me," I muttered under my breath as my chest constricted at the sight, the dark thoughts lingering in the corner of my mind as faint, shattered memories of the past lingered at my front door.

What really shocked me to the core was that Ashton was beside her and Landon, standing on the other side of her looking like they were her bodyguards. People have already formed a crowd as they observed the mesmerising sight in front of them.

I clenched my fists at my sides, an emotion I knew all too well bubbling within the pits of my stomach. Jealousy. I cursed at myself for being jealous. I shouldn't have to be jealous.

"This is fucking insane," I heard Jiao mutter under her breath in a deadly voice as I slowly snapped my head to the side and almost flinched when I found her standing beside me. I realised her eyes were zeroing in on a figure but I didn't bother following her gaze.

"I'm about to punch a bitch," Tori whispered under her breath as I clenched my jaw tightly, nodding in agreement.

Ruby caught my eye as she plastered on a fake but devious smile before strutting over towards with her long legs. I rolled my shoulders back and took a step forward, crossing my arms over my chest as Landon and Ashton followed along like lovesick puppies.

"Aurora," Ruby acknowledged before her eyes moved behind me. "Victoria, Jiao, Hailee."

I ignored Ashton's pleading stares as if he was trying to gain my attention but I wasn't going to have any of it. I felt like a fool. I felt like I was being played. And I hated that feeling.

"Rubyana," I stated loud and clear, the wind picking up as it carried my voice to the ears that were secretly eavesdropping. I knew she loathed her full name. "What are you doing here?"

Ruby clenched her jaw tightly as her eyebrows narrowed in on me with eyes that wanted to turn me into stone like Medusa. Her devious smile was long gone and I felt satisfied. "I'm enrolled into this school for now. Who knows how long I'll be here."

My stomach churned uncomfortably as I could feel the anger emanating from my friends' bodies. I remained calm as I inhaled slowly. "Enjoy your stay."

Ruby smiled mischievously. "I will. See you around, Aurora."

As she brushed past me, I snapped my attention to Landon and Ashton who shot me a blank look. I was curious as to why they were like her bodyguards. I raised my middle finger in their faces before turning on my heel as I began to strut towards my car, trying to make it seem like I wasn't affected by it at all.

The crowd murmured under their breaths, girls snickering in delight and boys shaking their heads in either amusement or disappointment. I couldn't tell between the two.

I was about to hop inside my car when a hand closed around my wrist, pulling me to a halt. I frowned and glanced over my shoulder to see Hailee and Jiao standing behind me, looking as furious as ever.

"We need to do something," Jiao started with a blank expression as she seemed to be breathing heavily. I frowned in confusion, wondering why she was so angry.

I shrugged nonchalantly. "We won't waste our time on someone so insignificant. We will keep doing us."

I could tell Jiao wanted to pull her hair out in frustration, Hailee wanting to punch the crap out of someone and Tori, wanting to shit herself. I knew deep down that they were afraid of what was to come now that Ruby was in town.

"By the way, your boyfriend has been cheating on you with her, Hailee" Tori said through gritted teeth, Jiao and I's eyes widening in pure shock.

We snapped our head to Hailee who seemed unfazed by what Tori had just said. A breath hitched in my throat when a smirk crossed Hailee's face and it wasn't one of those smirks that were attractive, it was fucking terrifying.

"Oh, honey, I know," Hailee responded calmly as she placed her hands on her hips, her eyes meeting each and one of ours. Now, her crimson red lips looked like blood and the thought of that just sent shivers down my spine. "I've been waiting for you to break it to me. Really, I'm not surprised."

"How did you find out?" I asked slowly and cautiously, waiting for her to break her tough façade.

Hailee rolled her eyes in annoyance. "When we went to her house early in the morning and I saw his car. He had shown it to me the day before, bragging about it and stuff."

I was beyond speechless.

"I did have a little cry over it but I realised that I am much better than him. He's been wanting to have sex with me and goodness me, it has been so fucking tiring to play the girlfriend act," Hailee finished off with a big breath.

Jiao smiled proudly at Hailee before patting her on the back. "That's my girl."

Hailee removed her smirk and beamed at Tori who stared at her in awe. "Thank goodness you said it out loud. Now, I don't have to pretend anymore."

I shook my head amusedly. "So, where were you when you weren't with us?"

Hailee shrugged. "I was spending time with my little brother."

I chuckled and nodded my head in approval. "Okay, Hailee. Take the reigns. What do you want to do?"

Hailee thought for about a good one minute before her eyes widened with mischief sparkling in her eyes and a devious growing on her lips. Jiao, Tori and I glanced over at each other in confusion before giving our attention to Hailee who was already typing away on her phone.

"Let me warn you, it's very extreme," Hailee said, her smile never faltering. "If you want out, say it."

I scoffed. "I'm in."

Jiao beamed. "Same."

Tori nodded with confidence. "Count my pussy in."

Hailee nodded with a laugh. "We need to see someone who owes me a favour."

I raised an eyebrow in confusion but before any of us could say anything, Hailee immediately turned on her heel and headed straight inside the school.

a/n: ooo, what do you think Hailee is planning? Did you expect a different reaction from Hailee when Tori exploded? Let me know what you think in the comments and don't forget to leave a vote!

Don't be a silent reader!

Ariella XO