Chapter 2

I took a bite of my green apple and sat down on the couch.

8:25 am.

School starts in five minutes and Ellie isn't here yet! I can feel my nerves growing with each second that passes, she better get here soon. I refuse to be late on my first day; do you know how embarrassing that is for a girl?

I started tapping my left foot with anticipation as I took another nervous bite out of my apple. I never really thought about what my first day would be like. I wonder how different the kids are around here. I've heard that this side of London can be dangerous, but how bad could things get?

The sound of keys rattling snapped me out of my daze as the front door slammed open. "Shit!" Ellie yelled. She looked like a total mess, "Quick, get in the car!"

"You're late!" I replied loudly while slinging my bag around my shoulder hurriedly. I stood up and ran behind Ellie to her small red car while throwing my apple in the bushes. I opened the door to the front seat and jumped inside. I set my bag on the floor and was barely able to shut the door before she started the engine and reversed out of the car park.

"I'm so sorry I'm late!" she apologized while running a hand through her long, golden hair. I looked at Ellie's appearance and it was obvious she was tired, but she still looked agonisingly beautiful.

Throughout the years she lived with us, she always had the hot boyfriend, perfect grades and popular friends. It was so easy for her to get along with people; she had a knee-slapping sense of humour that everyone craved. As soon as she moved out, Ellie received a job offer to start her training as a nurse. Although she has such a hectic career, she always sent me pictures of her doing amazing things like skydiving, meeting celebrities, and going to art museums. She has such a strong lust for life.

We couldn't be more opposite.

"My boss wouldn't let me out of the hospital until I finished taking this little girls blood sample," she explained while taking a sharp corner, causing me to hit my head against the window. "She has a phobia of needles and wouldn't stop crying!"

"It's not your fault," I smiled reassuringly as she gave me an unsure look.

"You've got to stop saying that Faye," she said while increasing the speed of the car. "I should've been more prepared-"

"Ellie," I laughed softly, "It's not your fault the girl had a phobia of needles. It's just... bad luck I guess."

"Well we're going to need all the luck we can get," she muttered while looking out her side window. I followed her gaze and saw a group of five boys, all tall, all wearing leather jackets. I barely had time to study them as Ellie again, increased the speed of her car. "Don't look at them."

"W-What?" I stuttered. Her voice that was once happy was now coated in anger. Her tone threw me completely off guard.

"The boys in the leather jackets," she stated firmly, "Don't talk to them, don't look at them and don't associate with them."

"Why?" I asked quietly while wrapping my arms around my body. She's really starting to freak me out.

"They're dangerous people Faye," Ellie explained while looking my way for a split second. "Don't get involved with them."

"But-"

"Don't!" she shouted hastily.

I clamped my mouth shut and sunk into the seat, "Okay..." I replied softly while looking out the window.

Ellie let out a sad sigh and placed one hand on my knee, "I don't mean to scare you Faye, but I'm just looking out for you. You're my responsibility now and I don't want you anywhere near those boys." She stated firmly.