Chapter 11

Have you ever wondered what your life would be like if you walked in a different direction? Let's say you were meant to meet the man of your dreams in a coffee shop, the love of your life, the answer to all your problems. But you decided you were in the mood for something frozen, so instead, you went to an ice cream pallor.

You didn't meet the man who was meant to sweep you off your feet. Now, you're all alone with the small company of a brain freeze, completely unaware of what was meant to be.

Being with Harry made me realize that, and today, I understood how much our movements can affect the future.

Maybe if I was late to my second class, I wouldn't have seen Harry beating up Connor and still stayed oblivious of him. Maybe if it rained, Ashton, Becca and I would've sat inside, that way Harry wouldn't have noticed me. Maybe if I left the nurses office a few minutes earlier, Harry wouldn't have been waiting there for me and my lips would remain untouched.

And maybe, just maybe, if one of those things happened differently, there's a good chance I wouldn't be in the position I am in now. He would have no clue of my existence. And if I didn't light a candle, one stupid candle, everything would be different.

It was silent, not a word was said, not a sound heard.

A gun had just gone off. A gun.

But who fired it? I knew Harry didn't have one on him, Eleanor didn't, but I'm not sure about Liam and Louis. Amelia?

No, she'd never do that. Where would she get a gun from in the first place?

"Why the fuck did you shoot?" a harsh voice boomed. Did it hit anyone?

"I-I..."

Amelia.

"Fucking hell," the man snapped.

"What're you doing here?" Harry asked, his voice firm but faint from the distance.

I lifted myself from the bed and crawled off the mattress with trembling arms and legs. I wanted to stand, but I knew my knees wouldn't hold my weight at this moment. I stopped by the door and peered through the crack, barely able to see what was going on with Harry's large figure in the way.

"Why are you asking such a stupid question when you're the one in my house?" Amelia spat, "Where the hell is my sister?"

"Long gone," Harry replied sharply, inching forward as his fists balled. I gripped the side of the door, digging my nails into the wood as the top of Amelia's head came into my view.

"What the fuck are you talking about?" she asked venomously, darting up the stairway to Harry. "Where is she?!"

Harry stayed perfectly still as she neared him-he didn't flinch, he didn't jump, he didn't say a word. As Amelia was now only a few metre's before him, she froze. I couldn't see her at this point since Harry was now towering over her, but her shadow gave her position away.

It was then, in her shadow, I saw the outline of the gun in her hands. She was trembling in anger, her shoulders rising as her chest popped out.

"Amelia, back away..." the unknown voice barked, "He's not the one you want, now is he?"

"He took my sister."

"And we're going to need him to hunt her down, won't we?"

Hunt me down?

"You're not going to lay a hand on her," Harry stated, sounding as if he were giving orders.

"Listen Harry, we-"