39 • Let's Start All Over Again.

"Who are you?" He asked.

I was smiling but then I became silent.

"Blake, stop joking!" George laughed.

"No, I'm serious, who is she?" He asked again.

"I'm Hailey, I'm your best friend, don't you remember?" I said.

It was real that he didn't recognized me, I asked the doctor and he said that it was really possible for him to forgot about me even though we grew up together.

"No, I don't know who you are." He said.

I nodded and left the room. I sat on the bench near his room. I didn't noticed that I was crying. I was thinking if how would he remember me.

I went to his room and approached​ his mom.

"Mrs. Richardson, I'll just go home." I said with a teary eyes.

"Why?" She asked.

"I don't know, maybe I'm just tired? And I'll just print some pictures and tell him everything about us." I said.

"Okay, sweetie, go home and rest, you can come back here later. Don't give up okay?" She said.

I nodded.

As soon as I came home, I went to my room and grabbed my laptop, I didn't mind to take a shower or whatever, I printed some pictures of us.

I prepared and took a bath.

I was on the way to the hospital, I didn't know what I'm thinking but I kept being positive.

"Good morning Mrs. Richardson." I smiled awkwardly.

"Good morning, I'll just leave okay? I'll be taking care of the house, you take care of Blake for now." His mom said.

"Why would you leave me with a person that I don't know?" He said. The doctor also said about his mood swings.

"You know her very well, Blake. You'll know her." She said.

Blake sighed and Mrs. Richardson left.

"So... How are you? Do you feel something bad?" I asked and smiled, I pretended like I'm not hurt.

"I'm fine, can you just let me know who you are." He said.

"Okay, fine, but, while I'm explaining this to you, can we go to the park?" I asked.

He nodded, I helped him to sit on his wheelchair and we went to the park.

I gave him the photos that I printed.

"What are these?" He asked.

"That's us, that's how we are before." I smiled.

He saw the picture where we were both taking a bath in the tub.

"That's when we took a bath together when we were 3 years old, after taking a bath, we fought." I laughed.

He nodded and flipped into another picture.

"And that is when we were 10 years old, we got the same shirt and wore it while we were playing at the playground." I said. He flipped into another picture.

"That's the first day of school when we turned grade 7." He flipped the picture again.

"That was my sweet 16, you got me a necklace and I loved it so much." I said as we sat at the bench.

"This is when we celebrated the Christmas." I said.

"Then what are we?" He asked as he smiled. Thank God he smiled at me, I finally got him.

"We are best friends, then later on, I mean that's after so many years, we ended up having a relationship." I said.

"I'm so thankful." He smiled.

"Why?" I asked.

"That you were my girlfriend." He smiled.

It feels like this is my first time to be in loved with him, my heart, it beats so fast.

I gave him my diary. It contains everything that we've been through.

"Read it." I said.

after he read it, he smiled and held my hand.

"Let's start... All over again." He said.

Tears were falling down from my eyes.

"Thank you." I said.