Chapter 5: Oh No...

(Wilbur's POV)

I jumped into the time machine and went back to the past. I headed to the old Anderson Observatory and flew up to the window.
'He must be here.'

There was paper, chalkboards, desks, and blueprints in the room. Lewis was there sitting on a stool, screwing something on what looked like Carl's head. He looked up in surprise; I signaled for him to come outside and landed in the yard.

Lewis walked out.
"Hey Wilbur, what are you doing here?"

"I need your help. The time machine is busted. Can you fix it?"

"It looks fine to me," Lewis replied sarcastically.

"No, not this one. The original. I have to take you to the future so you can fix it."

"Can't you have 'future me' fix it?"

"No way I'm letting him find out I messed with the time machine again. Get in."

Lewis shook his head, knowing he was his dad.
"Fine. Oh, by the way, a friend of mine really wants to meet you. Can we take her with us?"

"You mean (Y/n)?"

Lewis furrowed his brows.
"How did you-"

"I might have already taken her to the future and risked her life..."

"Wait, WHAT?"

"It's a long story. I'll explain on the way."

Lewis and I hopped in the time machine and zoomed into the future. I landed inside the garage and found Carl and (Y/n) chatting.

"Hey, Carl! Hey, (Y/n)! It looks like I'm here to fix the time machine..." Lewis said.

(Y/n) smiled and, being the friendly person she is, tackled him in a hug.
"I'm so glad you're here! The time machine crashed, but we don't know what's wrong."

"Okay, enough socializing. The time machine won't repair itself after all," Wilbur said.

"Alright, I hope the future doesn't mess up again," Lewis replied, grabbing a flashlight from the toolbox and looking underneath the time machine. "Nothing wrong here." He came out and checked the engine, which had smoke coming out of it. Lewis tried fanning it away with his hand. "*cough* *cough* I don't understand. Nothing is wrong with it. Not a single thing is out of place... except..." He took something out and shut the hood. "Wilbur, maybe somebody tampered with it. Look at this,"

He walked over to me, holding up a small metallic ball that looked like it had exploded. "From what I can tell, the magnetic power in the engine made these devices explode, causing an electric shock to form inside. This made the time machine stop working and smoke up. Someone must have put them inside. I know Yogoobian is a good person now, so there is no way he could have done this."

"Who could it be then? And why did they do it?" (Y/n) asked with concern.