Chapter 9: What Now?

(Lewis's POV)

Wilbur and (Y/n) came back into the garage.
"So, how do you plan on tracking the culprit down? It's not like we have a DNA scanner or something..." I said to Wilbur.

"Already ahead of you, Lewis," Wilbur said, taking off something from his back.

I walked up to Wilbur and took the bag in my hands to look at it.
"A backpack?"

"Not just any backpack, a completely new and advanced backpack. It is equipped with a scanner that can trace fingerprints and tell information about any person or thing." Wilbur scanned the red time machine and read the information on the screen located on the back of the pack. "It says the fingerprint DNA belongs to a man named 'Darien Smith.' "

"Who is that?" (Y/n) asked.

"The scanner shows an address; let's go!"

(Your POV)

We all followed Wilbur as he led us out of the garage. It took a little while, but we made it to our destination. His house was much smaller than Wilbur's but had the same futuristic-modern theme. Wilbur banged on the door loudly, grumbling was heard from the inside.

"Who is it, and what do you want?!" demanded a voice. The door opened, showing a tall man behind it. "Well?" he asked rudely.

"We came to ask why you placed these in my dad's... harmless flying car!" Wilbur shouted, holding up the tiny devices.

The man snatched them from him. "One word, money. I only did it for the doe," he said.

I furrowed my brows.
'What? Who even says that?!'

"Who paid you?! Why?!"

"The Samuelsons in Old Town. I don't know why!"

"You could have gotten someone killed!" Wilbur snapped.

The man raised his brows.
"Does it look like I care?"

"There is no point in talking to you! Follow me, guys!"

The man grabbed my wrist as I started walking.
"Not so fast. You're staying here, princess!"

"And may we ask why?!" Lewis questioned

"The Samuelsons told me to bring them this girl." He pulled out a picture, "I'm NOT afraid you're coming with me." He started dragging me inside the house by the wrist, which was painful.

"HEY, GET OFF ME!" I said, kicking him. He then grabbed hold of my waist to pull me in easier.

Wilbur angrily kicked the man in the face and held him in a chokehold with one arm. The other he used to keep his free arm behind him.

"Let. Her. GO!"

"Argh!"

Lewis grabbed my free hand and tried pulling me away. The man finally let go of my wrist and passed out from the lack of oxygen. Wilbur released him.