Chapter 8: Dreams

(Your POV)

I was sleeping peacefully in bed, dreaming. Until...

I woke up to see a beautiful sunrise. It was layered with purple, pink, and orange. I slipped out of bed to find Wilbur staring at me. Startled, I waved uncomfortably at him
"Hi. Good morning Wilbur," I said, somewhat confused.

He smirked
"Morning, beautiful. Want to see something?"

I blinked at him, not sure why he was acting smooth.
"Um... sure?"

He motioned for me to follow him with his head and started walking. Noticing I was already dressed, I walked to the edge of the top floor and jumped down to the bottom before he floated down on the pad, tensing up as he put an arm around my shoulder and led me out the door.
'What is he up to? Why is he acting weird?!'
"Where are you taking me?"

"You'll see," he said, smirking. He led me outside to the front yard. We walked out to the field where we could see the sunrise. "Isn't it nice this morning?" he asked, looking at the light.

I stood there, looking at the sunrise and feeling uncomfortable, yet I had to admit I was a bit flattered. As I was trying to process what was going on, Wilbur looked into my eyes.

I didn't know what came over me, but I became utterly drawn to his big brown eyes and charm. I suddenly became limp, trying to say something to him but couldn't due to the butterflies in my stomach. I couldn't contain my emotions and didn't know what to do.

"Ever since we were little, I have been hopelessly in love with you," he said.

That confused me since we had only just met. Nevertheless, Wilbur continued.

"You're my little shooting star," he said.

I furrowed my brows in thought, knowing he was sincere.

Standing there in utter confusion and feeling a great mixture of feelings, I couldn't figure out what to say. Wilbur then put his hand on the side of my face and put his forehead to mine. I could feel my stomach jumping and my head swarming with thoughts as I gave in.

"There you are!"

We turned our heads to the sound of the voice. It was Karen and John, my foster parents.

"Hello Dearest, we simply had to visit you after you were taken away," Karen said smugly, holding a giant ray gun of some sort over her shoulder.

"What is going on? What are you doing here?!" I asked.

She snickered and said,
"Don't be angry! We just want to have fun with you!"

Immediately John grabbed my arms and held me still. I breathed rapidly and squirmed in desperation, trying to free myself.
"Stop!" I shouted. "LET GO!"

Wilbur quickly took action and punched John in the face. He released me and then fell to the ground, so Will grabbed my hand and tried to run off with me. But Karen aimed the large ray gun at Wilbur and shot him. Immediately he turned to ashes.

My eyes widened. I covered my mouth with my hands in horror as Karen aimed the gun at me with a laugh.

Suddenly I heard barking.