Chapter 16: That's. IT!

(Franny's POV)

I opened my eyes, but I couldn't really see anything, just a bunch of blurs.
'What happened...?'

"Franny? Are you alright?!" Aunt Billie asked.

"Huh... Billie? What happened? Where are the kids?" I asked.

No one wanted to answer me. I started to get a knot in my throat.

"Carl went to go look for them..."

"And?"

"He hasn't come back yet."

I raised my brows worriedly.
"What? Someone has to get them!"

"We'll never find them!" Petunia shouted.

"Sweetie, don't be that way," Fritz replied.

"We have to do something!" I exclaimed.

"Have you seen the lunatics outside?! They haven't stopped trying to break in since the news spread the word that we are responsible for that storm out there!" Tallulah replied. "We can't get through 'til that clears up."

"Franny, are you okay?!" Cornelius asked, running in.

"Yes, but Wilbur and (Y/n) are still out there! I-" A man in the distance peeked at us from the entrance. I squinted in shock and asked, "Wait. Is that the man who stole your time machine and tried to ruin your life?!"

He smiled and waved nervously. Cornelius glanced at him and measured me with his eyes.
"Don't worry. He is staying with us for now."

"Why?!"

"Because we sent him here!"

"We?"

He sighed, rubbing his neck.
"I have a lot to explain..."

Meanwhile...

(Your POV)

Slipping the scanner pack on, I placed my hands on the wheel.
"We are getting out of here!" I said, turning on the engine and pushing hard on the pedal. The boys' bodies jerked back a bit as the flying car zoomed away quickly speedily, leaving the two animals to fight each other.

"What's the plan?" I asked with determination.

"Well, obviously, we have to stop them," Wilbur replied, straining to relax after the sudden acceleration.

"How, Wilbur?"

He froze.
"That is an excellent question... um-"

"The first thing we need to do is find out what they're plotting overall. Then we can figure out a way to stop them!" Lewis said, pounding his palm.

"Hm. Better than Wilbur's idea," I mumbled.

"Hey!" Wilbur pouted.

"No offense, of course," I replied.

BOOM!

My head whipped forward involuntarily as I put the vehicle to a halt. A large object crashed into one of the skyscrapers in the distance, making it collapse brutally. I dreaded the thought of how many people were being buried alive under the building.

Furrowing my eyebrows, I pushed the pedal harder, activated the speed boost, and took off. Lewis and Wilbur screamed from the speed, but I ignored them and continued at that amount until we reached the city.

I stopped abruptly as we entered to take a break.

"Are you trying to kill us?!" Lewis asked.

"Let me drive! I have more experience!" Wilbur said.