Chapter 19: Memories

(Your POV)

An explosion was heard coming from the city, we looked over at the yellow mushroom of smoke rising in the middle of town. The Magneto Beam had self destruct, it was all over. I heard the familiar sound of a happy little robot talking next to me.
"(Y/n)! You did it! You saved the future!" Lewis called.

Wilbur began to stir. Smiling, I knew everything would be okay.

He opened his eyes and sat up.
"What I miss?" he asked.

I grinned and embraced him. He smiled and hugged me back.

"YOU DID IT!" Carl exclaimed, running over with Lewis. I released Wilbur then Carl spun me around and put me on his shoulders. Lewis jumped in the air as all three of them cheered. I smiled widely.

D.J. spiraled around me, making my hair swirl around, then hugged my face. Carl then put me down and extended his arms around all of us for a group hug. We all smiled big and were chuckling happily.

"Hey, who's this?" Lewis asked, pointing to my robot companion.

"Him?" I asked, pointing to D.J. "Oh, this is D.J."

D.J. gave a bow and twirled around in the air. Lewis smiled and bowed as well.

"Here, I believe this is yours," I said, passing Wilbur his scanner/backpack to him with all his gadgets inside.

"Thanks, (N/n)," he replied, putting it on.

(Third Person's POV)

"Okay, now that no one is trying to destroy us with asteroids, maybe now is the time you can take Lewis home?" Carl asked Wilbur.

Wilbur nodded.
"Yeah, your right. Lewis, looks like it's time for you to go back," he said.

"Okay, let's go," Lewis replied.

"Can I come?" (Y/n) asked

"Sure, come on," Wilbur replied. "We'll be back soon Carl!"

"I hope so," Carl replied. He pressed a button on the back of his hand, and the steel cover folded up behind the house.

(Y/n), Lewis and D.J. followed behind Wilbur as he jogged inside the garage.

Both time machines were back inside, shinning and just as good as brand new. Wilbur opened the top of the blue time machine and sat in the front seat.
"We'll take this one."

They all did as he asked and sat down behind him, the roof of the garage opened up, and Wilbur turned on the engine, dialing in numbers while doing so. When he put in the destination they began to fly up out of the garage, (Y/n) looked down at Carl who was watching them from the yard below and waved at him with a happy smile. The time machine flew forward quickly and a bubble began forming around them, quickly taking them to the past above Lewis's home without further trouble.

"Great job, little buddy," Carl said, smiling proudly.

(Your POV)

Wilbur steered us down to the ground in front of Lewis's home and opened the top.
"Thanks for helping us, Lewis," I said, watching him hop out.

"Yeah, thanks dad," Wilbur chimed in, smiling.

"No problem, that was a pretty big adventure. I am glad I was apart of it. And (Y/n)?"

I turned my head to him and smiled.
"Yes?"

"I have a confession to make... you know how the other day I told you I was being adopted?"

Puzzled, I furrowed my eyebrows and nodded.
"Yeah..."

"And you also know how every time you visited, me and Goob's room was more empty?"