Chapter 28: Another Successful Mission

(Third Person's POV)

(Y/n) handed the device to Wilbur.
"Weird, he barely traveled forward into the future. He also appears to be back in the city," Wilbur said, shifting the gear.

"Wait! Before we go anywhere, we need masks."

"For what?"

"Remember, by then WC had dispensed all that radiation stuff in the air. We had to wear masks when we escaped this place."

Wilbur nodded.
"Your right. I'll sneak inside real quick and get us some."

Wilbur stopped what he was doing and stealthily snuck into the lair. He immediately found a box filled with face masks and grabbed two, then ran back to (Y/n) before anyone saw him.
"Catch," He said, tossing one to her.

Like the first time, Wilbur put his over his mouth and pressed the small button on the side. The mask spread pixel by pixel over his face, then a bright light scanned over it.

"I still think these are super cool," (Y/n) said, grinning. She was going to put hers on as well but then remembered something. "Wait, I forgot. I think I am immune to that radiation stuff..."

"Well, I'd put it on just in case," Wilbur replied, taking them through time. Immediately when at their destination, the two saw Leo in the time machine close in front of them.

Meanwhile...

Leo looked around in confusion. Acknowledging the people running around and falling asteroids, he realized he went only a few hours into the future without intending to.

Grunting, he thought about what he should do. At once he saw in the glass top's reflection that, behind, (Y/n) and Wilbur were following him in the red time machine.

He gritted his teeth in annoyance, trying to think of how to quickly get them to stop tracking him so that he could do what he wanted. He knew if he traveled to a different time they would follow him again, so he had to come up with another plan.

Looking down at his belt, he had a small transporting camera, a face mask, one zero-point energy glove, a gun that collected intelligence, and an E.D.A.T.H. ray designed to make the victim feel as if they are dying and become unconscious for hours. (Then when they would wake they'd feel a terrible amount of heat where they were hit, making them immobile for yet another few hours.) Leo grabbed hold of the three useful gadgets and thought of a way to use them. Then he landed on top of one of Cornelius's buildings and waited.

Meanwhile...

Wilbur and (Y/n) witnessed the blue time machine ahead of them land on top of Cornelius's building. Wilbur stepped on the brakes to think of a plan.
"Okay, here's the thing. I got a hint that guy has been trying to go to different time periods to get rid of both of us or just you. So we can't leave him here in this time period. We need to somehow capture him, get back the blue time machine, and take them both back home with us. So-"

"Wait a minute how on earth are we supposed to 'capture' him?"

Wilbur bit his finger and thought to himself, then he started driving the time machine away from the building and to a different one that kind of reminded (Y/n) of an arena. As he parked in front, she felt more confused about what they were doing.
"Um, okay what's... what are you-"

"Just wait here, I'll be in and out in a snap," he said, hopping out.

(Y/n) watched him leave and shut the top for safety. She could hear so many people screaming and saw asteroids falling around her. She shook her head in pity, remembering it all.

Wilbur returned only seconds after going into the building.
"Here, take a look," Wilbur said, giving her the draw bag after seating himself in front of the wheel. (Y/n) noticed he had a Chargeball Glove on.