Chapter 23: Scared

(Your POV)

"Mm..." I moaned in my sleep
------
"Want to go to the future?"
------
"Hey, do you believe in love?"

"Love?"

"Yeah, love."

"What do you- what do you mean?"

"I don't know. Like, There is one person who is all you will ever need. True love. Not a 'like.' Not a fascination, true love. But you just have to believe in it when it's there, I guess. But whatever."
------
"You know what my favorite color is?"

"Uh..."

"(E/c)."

"I thought it was orange..."

"It was."

"Why is (E/c) your new favorite color?"

"You've got the most beautiful eyes."
------
"You're my daughter..."

"Shame, and he cared about you so much, Dearest."

"Dad! DAD! WAKE UP! DAD! DAD, PLEASE, NO!"
------
"... no..." I said quietly, moving my head from side to side, still dreaming of flashbacks.
------
"I forgive you."
------
CRASH!

"Oh snap."

"(Y/n)! (Y/N)!!"

RIIINNNGG!
------
RUMBLE CRRAASH CRRRAAACCK

BOOM!
------
"E-excuse me? Do you know where I am?"

"Putting A-I into the R."

"AHH!"
------
"(Y/n)!"

"Wilbur!"
------
"No, no... Wilbur..."
I let out a small moan and barely opened my eyes when I felt someone place a cool wet rag on my forehead. My eyes were foggy. I couldn't make out the face of the person who was patting my forehead with the rag.
"Wilbur?" I asked.

After blinking a few times, I could see the person's face. But I didn't recognize the man. He smiled comfortingly.
"Shh... you have a slight fever from the stress you've been through."

I watched the man walk out of the poorly lit room with complete confusion. I didn't know what was going on and suddenly remembered nothing about the past events. The only information I could recall was that I was a teenage girl who knew something or somebody named Lewis.

For all I really understood at that moment, I existed.

So, because of my temporally messed up memory, I didn't know where I was, who I was, or what I was supposed to do. I held the rag to my head and moved the blanket off me. But I immediately felt chilly, so I pulled it back on, just to feel the same heat that made me take it off to begin with.
'Now I'm hot again. But if I take it off I'll be cold.' I thought to myself.
I knew that my fever was to blame for feeling hot and cold at the same time, so I stuck out my feet from under the blanket to try to help my body compromise.

A savory smell made its way into the dark room I was in. I knew it was food.

I wrapped the blanket around me like a cape and put both feet on the ground to find where the smell was coming from, but when I tried to stand I fell to the floor and got horrible pain in one of my legs.

After recovering enough to move, I carefully rolled over and realized one of my legs was wrapped tightly in many layers of bandages. I furrowed my eyebrows and felt the fabric with my hand.
'Is something wrong with my leg? What did I do to it?'