Chapter 14: Trouble in a Cell

(Third Person POV)

"Wilbur, we have been digging for a long time, and I still don't know why. Can you please explain?!"

Wilbur stood upright and gave the floor a Havoc Clap. Suddenly the ground started shaking and broke apart. The boys fell down the hole into a catacomb-like tunnel.

"I think this might lead us to (Y/n) location!" Wilbur stated, jumping to his feet and dusting himself off.

"Well, you're full of surprises..." Lewis mumbled.

"I know... I'm amazing!" Wilbur stated cockily.

"Sure about that, Wilbur?" Lewis asked sarcastically, following him into a torch-lit tunnel.

"Ha. Ha," he replied, rolling his eyes.

"W.*.BUR...WH-... A*--* *---O? I ...--*E ARE-**BLE!?!"

"Ugh! Carl! Speak clearly! I can't understand you!" Wilbur said.

"WE* ELP...-*SE*.****-US AND-... N*-!!!"

"Carl, you're breaking up! I can't get any signal here. I'm gonna have to call you back!"

"N*... ! DO*-...* N*G-! DESTROY ... ***-*-M-----.US-**...-! I *CA-"

Wilbur cut him off before he could finish his 'sentence.'

Lewis felt worried that Wilbur was taking him the wrong way; he didn't even know if (Y/n) was anywhere near where they were. He tried to ask Wilbur for reassurance.
"Wilbur, do you even know where your goi-" Wilbur interrupted him by covering his mouth.

Lewis followed Wilbur's gaze. In the distance was a steel door with a tall man wearing a tuxedo and shades guarding it.

Wilbur removed his hand.
"Okay, new plan. See if you can open the door. I'll cover for you!"

Lewis nodded and hid in a different hallway. Wilbur put a hand around his mouth and cooed like a pigeon to get the guy's attention.

The man looked around and saw Wilbur. He headed over to him. Lewis snuck behind him, running up to the door. There was a screen attached with a seal that kept the door locked.

Wilbur got away from the man without him realizing it and walked up to Lewis.
"Any luck?"

"No, I think we need that guy's handprint to unlock the door," Lewis replied.

"Got it." Wilbur went into the hallway that the man was in and cooed, luring the man towards Lewis's hall. Wilbur ran ahead and hid behind the corner of another entrance.

When the guy came looking for him, he saw Lewis.
"Hey, you!" he exclaimed, starting to speedwalk.

When he went past the hall Wilbur was in, Wilbur jumped on him from behind and tightened his arms around his neck. The man tried to get him off with one arm and walked right up to Lewis to grab him but ended up passing out.

Wilbur grabbed the man's hand and placed it on the screen.

"Access granted."

The seal opened as the boys dropped the man's arm onto the hard floor. Wilbur pushed the door open and peeked inside.

There was Yogoobian, tied to a chair next to another guard.

Lewis gasped.
"What the- why is he here?"

"I don't know, and I would have suspected that he was behind all this, not against it, which is must be why he's here..."

"For the last time, WILL YOU COMPLY OR NOT?" A woman shouted at him. Lewis stiffened; he knew exactly who she was.