Chapter 20: Is There More To It?

(Your POV)

My eyes widened at the sudden thought. Looking around frantically and still in Franny's arms, I remembered the house I was taken from when Wilbur and Lewis were exploring it for clues.

It was the same house with the weird noises that Wilbur loved to snoop around when we were younger, the Samuelsons' home!
'Who lives there and what did Wilbur and Lewis find when they went inside?'
I looked at the family with a puzzled look. Scanning each face, I couldn't find Wilbur or Carl in the sea of smiling people.
'Where is he anyway? I need to ask him!'

D.J. swirled around us both with joy as I pondered with curiosity.

"I'm so glad you and Wilbur are safe! If it weren't for Cornelius, I would have gone out there to find you both myself!" she said, holding me tighter.

I was feeling very scared, I had a feeling that this whole thing was not quite over yet. With fear written eyes, I looked around while thinking of an excuse to get out of her grip so I could just talk to Wilbur for one second.
"Yeah yeah, that's good. Um... let me just-" I wiggled out of her grip as politely as I could, grinning sheepishly. "Okay, so!" I exclaimed, clapping my hands together. "Uh... I would love to finish this conversation. So I will be right back. Don't you worry and... also, love the outfit it suits me perfectly! Kay? Okay, be right back!" I said, holding my thumbs up with a reassuring- yet nervous- smile.

As I backed up, D.J. looked at me in utter confusion.

"But, I've got someone I want you to-"

"Sounds good I'll talk to you in a minute!" I said in one breath.

Quickly I rushed away from the family, hoping nothing would happen while I was gone.

(Third Person's POV)

Franny watched (Y/n) walk away, not at all moving her gaze even as everyone began asking what was up.
"What was that about?" Grandma Lucille asked.

"Maybe she just wants to talk to Wilbur," said Grandpa Bud.

"Yeah, those two get along surprisingly well," assured Tallulah.

"Considering their opposites," Lazlo added.

Noticing Franny's worried expression, Billie put a hand on her shoulder.
"Franny? Is something the matter?" she asked.

Franny let out a sigh.
"Something's wrong," she replied.

"What?"

"I recognize that behavior. I remember this attitude from when we were kids. Something is wrong."

Meanwhile...

(Y/n) started running as soon as she no longer heard the Robinsons behind her. D.J. began questioning her about her attitude as he followed along. She turned to look at him.
"I have a bad feeling about that house! I need Wilbur to tell me everything he saw in there!" she said, making D.J. more puzzled.

Since she wasn't looking where she was going, (Y/n) bumped into someone and was hit back on the floor.
"Ow! What gives?" she hissed, holding her head.

"Oh, (Y/n)! I'm so sorry. Here, let me help you," said an unfamiliar voice.

She felt the person grab both her arms and stand her up straight. Looking at the person's face, she became perplexed.

The man in front of her was tall, with blue eyes, glasses, and a blue vest. Immediately taking notice of his crazy blonde hair, she smiled at him.
"Lewis?"

The man chuckled.
"It's me alright, I'm glad to see you," he said.

(Y/n) grinned to match her sparkling eyes.
"Boy, am I happy to see you. I need to talk to you about the Samuelsons's house right now!" she exclaimed.