Mrs. Hemmings

Jax

Luke and i made our way down stairs to where the kids were all watching tv. I saw Jason and yell something i never thought i would say,

"Going out! Be back soon!"

All i got was a few grunts then felt weight press against my leg. I look down to see Carter holding on for dear life.

"Carter i have to go. Ill be back soon hon."
I saw his lip start quivering and small wines started to come from his mouth. I knew what was to come, he did this everyday before daycare.

Before Carter started to cry hysterically, he was taken from my leg and lifted from his spot on the kitchen floor. Luke had picked him up and held him in his arms, rubbing his back to help soothe him.

"Come on. What harm could he do?" Luke said as he started to make his way toward the door.

We start to walk to Lukes house when i notice Carter in Lukes arms. He was asleep and peaceful. It was adorable to see someone like Luke who wears things like ripped jeans, old bad shirts, and just looks like he would have a bad a attitude have such a soft spot for kids.

"Take a picture it'll last longer." He says with a smirk.
"Wow, you're so original."
"I know right" i roll my eyes and look ahead and see Lukes house getting closer. I feel a small pain in my chest knowing this has to end. I wanted it to be like this forever, just us talking and having fun.

When we got to the door he knocked and the door immediately opened to reveal women with blonde hair who could only be Liz Hemmings, Luke's mother.

"Lucas Hemmings! Why did you not return any of mine or your brothers texts?! I had to disturb this lovely lady at this time because of you! Oh, and hello Jax! How are you sweetheart?"
"Um...as well as i could be. I think Carter and i should get going though, give you all some privacy."
"Oh dont be silly dear why dont you come on in for a cup of tea?"
"Oh, um.. i guess one couldn't hurt."

I look over at Luke to see he is as red as a tomato, actually i think a tomato would be jealous of how red he is right now.

As nervous as i was to be in the Hemmings house, i had a feeling it wouldn't be the last time i would be there.