The Storm

Luke

It didn't feel right when i left Jax's house. Something was off but i left anyway. I regret leaving that night. I always will.

It was Tuesday and i hadn't heard from Jax. She wasnt at school on Monday and when i had texted her i got no reply. I was starting to get worried that something bad happened to her so i went over to her house after school so i could talk to her.

Once i had gotten to her house i knocked on the door and her mother answers. She looked like she had been crying for a long time. I got worried, why was she crying? Did something happen to Jax? Is she okay?

"Oh Luke! Thank goodness you're here!"
"What happened Ms. Bruntley? Is Jax okay?"
"She hasn't left her room in since monday morning."
"What happened?"
"You better come sit down."

She told about everything. How the same day Jax and I were at the park, Kevin had gotten really drunk and hit Katy. When Jason tried to protect his mom, Kevin beat him and told him awful things. Jason locked himself in the bathroom and three hours later Katy found him in the bath with cuts all over. Thats why they were calling her. They were trying to tell her.

"Im so sorry Ms. Bruntley."
"He left a note. I couldnt gather the strength to read it myself but Jax did. She has it. Will you try to talk to her? I've tried to get her out but she wont listen to me. She might listen to you."
"Ok. I'll try."

I stood and walked up the stairs and to her room. Once there, i knocked on the door.

"Jax? It's Luke. Please let me in baby. I know what happened and im so sorry but please talk to me. I will try to help."
"You can't help. Nothing can. He's dead Luke. I did everything for him and he would have rather died then stayed here with me."
"No love. He loved you, it was just a hard time and he was hurting. But he's not hurting anymore. He can be happy now."

It was silent for a moment until i heard something terrifying. Something that haunts people at night. A gun shot.

Everything went blank. All i could remember was pounding on the door and Katy coming up the stairs.

She's gone.