Crash and Yell (Updated)

Lilly's Pov.

Lilly's Picture above...

Remembering my past...... they have been fighting since I was small, but me being me, I thought that they were playing. They would always say " Honey , we're just playing a game named Crash and Yell" My childish self wanting to join in too " Mummy, why can't I play?" "Well you are sweetie, your gonna count how many crashes and yells that we make okay." Seeing how she's trying to stay in a happy mood I nod my head, went into my room and locked my door.

Getting older, I realized that this was anything but a game. All it took was a little act of disobedience to turn my world upside down.

I was seven.... I was young. Dad was about to hit mum with the vase..... What else could I do than try and protect her? Ever since then, they no longer acted like a happy couple like they used to. Instead they acted the same every time, day and night, in front of their only daughter for seven years and I never showed how I truly felt.

"Lilly!!!" Just ignore her and maybe she'll leave me alone....." LILLY AMBER PAR COME DOWNSTAIRS NOW!!!!" I sighed heavily and muttered an 'I'm coming' helplessly. So much for having a little alone time...

I walked downstairs to see my mother Veronica twisting her head like some soulless owl. Oh what could have possibly ticked her off THIS time?

" Yes ma'am?" I replied sweetly and gently. She cuts her eyes and yells "Honey, our little angel's downstairs now!" She coaxed sweetly. Kill me now!

She puts on this perfect wife act whenever she wants something and boy does my dad fall for it! I would too, I mean its way better than her usual bossy attitude if you ask me.

My father appears from his office, which is a little walk to the right of the stairs. Surprisingly, he seemed not to notice her attitude switch, but whatever.... He turns straight as to face both of us by the stairs. With a grin on his face he asked " My darling how would you like to live in Hawaii ?!"

Mrs. Dramatic squeals and repeats 'yes' all over again. However, I am totally blank. I don't know how to respond. My dad's staring intently at me as if awaiting an answer. He sighs heavily. "VERONICA!!! Pipe Down!!!!! I was speaking to Lilly." Wait.... me?!

I turned my head to see her completely frozen. After a few seconds, she snaps her head in my direction and gives me the 'this isn't over yet' look... I give her the 'with you here there was nothing to begin with' look and she gasps.

I mentally smirk and said " Daddy, will this be permanent ?" " Only for as long as you want it to be hun and you can invite who ever you want." Really? " Why all of a sudden?" He sighs deeply and motions me to come into his office.

Veronica follows behind and tries to enter ." Veronica please let me talk to my daughter in private, please." Her face scowls with anger and disgust. " I am your wife and I have a right in family affairs too!!! Why can't I stay?!"

Spoiled Brat. Dad freezes . Uh Oh ......Craps about to go DOWN!!! I step aside and move to dad's large center table. I scoot towards one of his movable leather chairs, plop my butt down onto the seat and stare intently at the glaring pair. Oh shoot! I should have brought popcorn!

" Fine." he said through his clenched teeth and she waltzes in as if she's the queen of the world. Oh well. I mentally roll my eyes as she prances to the seat across from mine. She intently stares at me trying to look intimidating but she failed miserably. Dad walks over to the head of the table and we stopped staring to look at him.

"The reason why I asked you all of a sudden is because I had just realized a few days ago what a terrible father I am." There was a long pause. That's it?! Sorry buddy but I'll need a better explanation than that!!!! He spoke again," I realized that all these years you never asked for a gift on your birthday or to go to the mall with your friends......" Maybe that's because I don't have any?!?!

" Yet, I realized that I gave Veronica everything she asked for, everything she desired and yet she treats you as if you're nothing." So you do notice..... I glance at her to see her eyeing my father as if questioning the point of him telling me this. " I have been a bad father. But, before your mother died you were my world."