March 18, 2017-House Party

March 18, 2017

My parents are out of town again. Which means the house is to myself. Most kids my age with money, friends, and a huge house would throw a party. Not me.

Two hours later, and a 50+ party is raging on. Hey, I told you I wouldn't throw a party. To be fair, it was my best friend Katherine. She threw one. In my house. And used our food. Great. Nonetheless, I had fun. Michael and I hung out for most of it. We kissed and made out. Our relationship was starting to get more deep and personal. Privacy was of course needed.

We found an empty bedroom and well, you know. Clothes were off and mouths were on each other. We were having so much fun. Many think we took it to the next base. Nope. No sex until marriage. We agreed on this. Me and Michael continued making out. I thought we were alone. We weren't.

Soon, I heard something scraping against the glass. Then I a click, followed by a flash of light. A camera. I heard voices outside the window and more clicks. They were taking pictures of us. Michael heard and got up. He saw about three people taking pictures of us making out. At first, I was mad. Then I was happy. People kept doubting that we were dating. Now they had proof.

March 19, 2017

As it turned out, Michael wasn't the one I was dating. They had edited the photos and released what appeared to be me and another girl kissing. They made me to be a lesbian. What hurts even more was that because they changed the background, it looked like we were somewhere else. Michael thought I was cheating. He broke up with me today. I'm not mad at him. The pictures looked real. I'm mad at myself for believing that people would accept us dating.

Normal Time

(Justin talking to himself)

"Why did I do that? Why couldn't I just leave them alone! Because of me, she's gone!"

(Ashley overhears, and comes over to talk to him)

"What's wrong?"

"I killed her. I'm the reason why."

"No, you're not."

"Yes I am. If it weren't for the fact that I was jealous of Michael, she would still be here."

"One, she's not dead yet. Two, you liked her?"

"Yes."

"And posting a picture of her kissing another girl was your way of showing your love for her?"

"No. I wanted him to break up with her, then she would be sad. I'd swoop in and comfort her."

"Why didn't that happen?"

"Michael. He realized the picture was fake and tried to win her back. She wouldn't budge. I knew that I wouldn't have a chance."

"It's okay. You didn't cause her to do...what she did. The best way to get through it is to keep moving."

All my white friends say "heyyy" I loved writing this chapter. I feel like events like these don't come up in conversation. Thanks to 13 Reasons Why, rape and suicide are discussed, but pictures displaying females as sexual objects are pushed aside. Let me know what you think. Don't forget to vote and comment.

-Love, CupCakes