Author's Note

Ahhhhh! OMG. I finished. I finally finished. This story, unlike others, was finished quickly though. It was really fun to write and I love it so much. Thank you for all the support and help, and I hope you guys enjoyed this story. Below are a few questions I feel some of you will have, as well as some more information.

How did this story come about?

I was bored. I wanted to commit to writing something I would finish and I'd feel good about. This proved to be it.

What is the significance of the title?

Umm...it did play a part in the format of the story. Hope wrote diary entries. The day six, a line mentioned how no one would read those entries. She wrote them as if she was talking to someone, but truly believed no one would see them.

Why did you name her Hope?

Almost like irony or a contradiction. Hope, it's a word we cling to when we have nothing else to cling to. Things aren't going right, we hope for things to get better. You like someone, you hope they like you too or break up with their boyfriend/girlfriend. Hope(the girl) tried to kill herself. Her name is literally a reason to keep going, to keep living, yet she tried to stop. I wanted to show that depression and bullying, and other things can affect anyone. Not just your "typical" bullied nerd with no friends. Someone we looked to for help, couldn't help herself.

Why drugs?

It was the start of her end. This is what set things off spiraling downhill.

Why rape?

Hope believed that her battles with Melissa gained her some confidence. And the image even made her feel more attractive; the boys wanted to date her and such. Rape was that event that proved to her once and for all that she's powerless. It was an illusion. Melissa has all the control.

What was your reason for making Jess Hope's sister?

It proved to be interesting conflict. Jess was Melissa's friend. I wanted someone to be biologically connected to Hope in Melissa's group. I also wanted each character, or at least Jess, to have something to fight for. Her adopted parents hated her. Hope was really the only reason she kept fighting.

And your reason for the connection between Jake and Michael?

It actually came up when I was like "oo, i should make jess and hope sisters and then they date jake and michael. what if they have kids and the kids are twins" Basically double dates for life. *laughs* That's my only reason. Double dating.

Why did Hope survive?

Too many stories and movies are out there, the victim commits and succeeds. Now don't get me wrong, that happens. But what about the stories where the victim doesn't die? They still have to return to school, or work, or their normal life. They have to deal with the decision that they made and the people they affected. Imagine if 10% of the teens that committed suicide did because no one told them how life would be if they didn't succeed or didn't try at all. Only 10%. That's a lot of lives lost. I don't know if that's true, but the thought that a book, tv show, movie, documentary, etc could have showed them what would happen after or if they didn't try, maybe they would rethink it. I wanted Hope to be a beacon for those who tried and didn't succeed or have thoughts about trying. Life still goes one, but with help, it gets better.

Will there be a sequel?

I'm thinking about it. The format would be completely different and some new people would be introduced. But IDK yet. Comment if you do want me to do it. Yay or nay?

-End of Questions-

Okay, so if you guys have anymore questions, please ask. You can ask anywhere throughout the book, but check back here because this is where I will be posting answers to those questions.

The Pledge

Now to the part you've all been waiting for. The very first chapter of this book, I told you to read and accept a pledge. Now, just leave you username, Wattpad name, or your first name(if you want) in the comments on this chapter ONLY. I will create an image and chapter dedicated to each person who accepts the pledge. Each month, I will check back and create a new image and chapter with new names. If your name has been added, delete your comment(unless a question or real comment). This will make it easier to see if there are new names. If your name hasn't been added, please let me know. A private message(PM) makes it a whole lot easier. You can contact me @Summerfield0709. Again, if you have any questions, please feel free to ask them. That was quite a lot.

Images

So, the images are free. If you want to use any of the images used for the last five chapters(Day Two-Day Six), PM me and I will try my best to get them to you. Please remember, these are my images that I created. If you use them on any blog or website, make sure to give me credit. You may have to give me your email in order for me to send them to you. I'm also working on some other stuff as well, so be on the lookout for that.

Translation and other inquiries

Almost done guys. I want to make sure that EVERYONE gets a chance to read and enjoy this story. If you or someone you know has suffered chronic arthritis, you could be entitled to a cash reward. Jk, but commercials do be sounding like that. But if you or someone you know may be interested in translating this book, please PM me so we can work out something. I don't charge you, just give me credit for writing the original story. You can contact me @Summerfield0709. If you or someone else needs help or assistance or just some guidance writing, please PM me. If you are interested in creating a banner, trailer, or etc, please PM me as well. It would be super cool if you did. I'm also thinking about creating a special Wattpad account for this book depending on how things go. If I do, I will let you know here, and on my personal page. Anything concerning this book or others in a possible series will be there.

Related Stories

This goes along with inquiries. I'm fine with you making a spin-off to this story. That includes one-shots, poems, thoughts about the book, feelings after reading, etc. Just PM me that way I know and am aware that you are. I don't want to report a related story because I thought someone was trying to steal it. Make sure to tag any stories with #dtno that way I and others know about this story.

Last Words

Okay, I think that's it. I know that was a lot. It was a lot to write. Thank you so so so much for reading and making it through the end! You da bomb.com! Remember, I'm not a 50-year old published author in Wellington(does that place even exist), so you can always ask me questions and I will try to answer them. Any personal or non-DTNO questions should be asked on my page. Again, I will say because I am super happy! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! You guys are awesome! And other stuff that I can't think off because I'm writing this at like 1 am. I'm tired. But thank you! 

-Love, CupCakes