Part 7

"Mum, is it okay if I go grab dinner somewhere and study at the library? I have some tests tomorrow and I would like to study in peace."

"What, are Zoe and Claire being too loud?" My mother laughed. "Yes, you may go. Be safe, darling. And text me when you're on your way home."

"Yes mum. I love you." I kissed her cheek before bundling up, grabbing my purse, and heading out the door.

When I got to the the end of the street, I pulled out my phone and called Benedict. He answered after a couple rings.

"I'm free! Mum thinks I'm going to the library to study, so we have a few hours together. Do you still want me to get takeout before I come over?"

"Takeout sounds perfect, but just being alone with you would be enough for me," Benedict replied.

"Oh shut up." I blushed as I walked down the sidewalk, pulling my scarf tighter around my neck. "Do you want dumplings with your Lo Mein?"

"Mmmm... Yes please. And make sure they don't forget the fortune cookies."

"I'll make sure they don't. I'm going to let you go now. See you soon."

"Bye bye," he whined cutely before I hung up on him and walked into the Chinese restaurant.

I ordered our food and sat down to wait. Some kids from my class walked in and flashed me dirty looks then went and sat at a table in the back. I just took out my phone and started reading through text conversations between Benedict and I. We had been together for almost three weeks, and I was happier now than I had been in a long time, even before my father died.

Benedict continued to treat me like any other student while we were at school, but when we were alone, he acted like a prince. He was kind, gentle, funny, and romantic. I never felt alone when I was with him.

"Order for Amelia Parker," the lady behind the counter called. I made sure they didn't forget the fortune cookies, then thanked her and left.

It was starting to snow and get windy, so I walked a bit faster, wanting to get to Benedict's flat before either the food went cold or I froze – I'm sure Benedict would prefer the latter.

A few minutes later I arrived at his flat and he buzzed me in immediately.

"You have no idea how excited I am to see you," Benedict practically half-moaned when he opened the door.

"I'm excited to see you too," I smiled, stepping into his flat.

"Wait... You thought I meant you? No, no, I meant the food." He said rather seriously and took the takeout bag right out of my hands.

"If you just wanted the food, I guess I can leave then. I did walk all the way here in the snow though, asshole." I crossed my arms and turned away from Benedict, a smile forming on my face when I knew he couldn't see it.

I felt his two strong arms wrap around my waist from behind, the takeout bag still in his hand. He rested his head on my shoulder, whispering, "I didn't mean anything. I was only joking, Ameila."

"I know," I kissed the top of his head, and then in a sudden, swift movement, I ripped the bag out of his hand and ran into the kitchen.

He followed me with a wide smile on his face, leaning against the counter as he watched me unpack the takeout boxes. "Did they remember-"

"-the fortune cookies? Yes, they did."

"You're the best."