Part 13

Benedict's POV

"Good morning. Can we please have our breakfast sent up to the presidential suite? Yes ma'am, the same one I ordered during booking. No changes. Thank you very much." I hung up the phone and looked over at Amelia who was still sleeping, but I knew she would be awake by the time our breakfast arrived.

I got up to tidy up the room a bit, since we seemed to have made a mess of the place the night before. I was smiling and humming the whole time, feeling completely at ease.

When I decided the room was clean enough and was about to return to bed, I saw Amelia sitting up, watching me. "Good morning darling," I said softly. "Sleep well?"

"Next to you? The best sleep of my life." She smiled and patted for me to sit next to her. "Come here lover boy."

"Well that's a new one," I chuckled, following directions. I sat next to her and she turned my face toward hers with just one finger, then kissed me sweetly on the lips.

The kiss continued for a few minutes until there was a knock on the door. "That'll be our breakfast..." I opened the door and received the food before returning to my love. "Surprise!"

Amelia just smiled and clapped her hands together as I placed the tray in front of her. "You spoil me, Benedict. Honest to God, you spoil me."

"Anything for the woman I love." I took her hand and squeezed it, then ate a piece of toast.

We continued to talk and eat our food, not feeling rushed at all for once. It was so nice to just be able to enjoy the moment and not have to think about anything else.

When we finished, I kissed Amelia's neck once then nuzzled against her. "I was thinking we could take a bath together and then go for a walk before we leave? Would you like that?"

She nodded and replied, "I would love that."

I stayed nuzzled against her for a moment more before going to draw the bath. I made sure the water was nice and hot before getting in, then I called out for her to join me.

Leaning my head back, I closed my eyes to relax, only to open them again when I heard the sound of Amelia stepping into the tub. "Careful, darling. Don't slip." I sat up and grabbed her arm, pulling her hand over to my shoulder so she could steady herself.

"I can manage, but thank you Ben." She smiled and lowered herself into the water, sitting across from me and looking directly into my eyes.

"Amelia, I love you," I started to gently rub her foot, and I continued to talk as she rolled her eyes. "I know... I know I have said that so many times in the past day, but it's true. I love you so much, and I'm so lucky to have you."

She didn't say anything as she turned around in the tub so that her back was against my chest and her head was resting on my shoulder.

Wrapping my arms loosely around her, I closed my eyes and took in the moment.

——————————

A few hours after I'd dropped Amelia back home, my mobile phone rang. I picked it up off of my kitchen table and answered it:

"Hello? This is Benedict."

"Ah, Mr. Cumberbatch... This is Karen Chesterfield, calling about your application to be a professor here at the university."

"Oh yes, hi, hello. How are you today?"

"I'm doing well, Mr. Cumberbatch. Thank you for asking. About your application, a position will be opening up shortly, as one of our older English professors is leaving due to an illness. We have decided that you are the perfect choice for our university, and we apologize for such short notice, but if you would like this position, we ask that you start in two week's time."

"Wow, that is short notice," I said as my mind immediately went to Amelia. "When do I have to let you know of my decision?"

"The sooner the better, preferably within the next three days. Again, we apologize for the short notice, but you must understand that the professor's illness is serious and we want him to be able to spend as much time with his family as possible before he – passes on."

"I see. Well thank you so much for calling and informing me of this opportunity. I must talk with my superiors about my current job, but I will get back with you as soon as I can about my decision. Have a nice day, Ms. Chesterfield."

"You as well, Mr. Cumberbatch."

As soon as the phone hang up, I set my phone down and buried my face in my hands. How was I going to talk to Amelia about this?

END OF CHAPTER