prologue

{a/n: this story is based off of Halsey's song Sorry. You already knew that if you read the description, though. (; Normani and Camila are both Alternative singers. I'm splitting hopeless fountain kingdom between them, then I'm splitting BADLANDS between them. So...yeah. Normani's half of HFK contains the first 7 songs & Lie and Camila's half contains the last 7 songs & Good Mourning. Camila's half of BADLANDS contains: Castle, Hold Me Down, New Americana, Drive, Hurricane, Roman Holiday, Ghost, & Young God. Mani's half of BADLANDS contains: Colors, Colors, Pt. II, Strange Love, Coming Down, Hauting, Gasoline, Control, & I Walk the Line.}

Normani Kordei Hamilton. The queen of Alternative music. Also the queen of unstable relationships. She hadn't been in a relationship since a few–maybe six–months ago. It wasn't because of anything bad, Normani just couldn't juggle a relationship with her busy schedule. What's funny, though, is that ever since the two broke up, Normani had seen this girl everywhere on social media. She was a singer now, and she was signed to Atlantic Records. Surprise! That's the same record label Normani was signed to.

The two hadn't seen each other since their breakup. It was going great for a while. They were calling and texting everyday, then Normani got bigger and her schedule got busier. As their relationship went on, the brunette feared that she was ruining it all. She also feared that she wasn't actually the one her ex wanted. Both of those were lies. Her ex understood that she had a very busy career, and her ex did want her. Normani broke it off, though. This time it was her fault.

However, she wasn't worried about that now. She had to focus on her album. She was working on it and people knew that. So, at interviews the first question would be 'What can you tell us about your new album?' and she'd respond with a smartass answer like, 'It's going to have songs on it.' or 'It's an album.' Sometimes, if she was in a good mood, she'd reply with, 'I can't say much, but it's going to be great.'

"Normani Kordei!" Her manager, Naomi, yelled at her.

The brunette looked up from her lap. "Yes?" She asked.

"Mani, are you okay?" Dinah, her best friend, and the person who helped her write her songs, placed a hand on her shoulder.

"Yeah, I'm good. Yes, Naomi?"

"You zoned out on us while we were talking about the album."

"Yes, that sounds about right. I do zone out quite a bit." Normani nodded.

"We were talking about features." Dinah said.

"No. I don't want any features." The older girl shook her head at her friend.

"You didn't have any features on your last album." Her manager said.

Normani began looking around the room.

"What are you looking for?" The other two girls asked.

"Your point? I don't want any features on this album." The singer ran a hand through her hair.

"Okay, fine. What about different song writers?"

"What the hell is wrong with me?" Dinah asked, slightly offended.

"Nothing's wrong with you. I just want her to work with different people." Naomi sighed.

"Nah." Normani shook her head and grabbed her bag.

"See." The Polynesian looked at the older woman.

Normani stood and walked to the door.

"Hey!" Naomi said.

"Yo?" The younger girl turned around.

"Where are you going?" Her manager asked.

Normani shrugged. "I'm hungry." She said before walking out of the room, then out of the building and onto the streets of Orlando.

She exhaled and looked around, a soft smile on her face. She enjoyed going outside, which she didn't get to do often.

"Oh, my god!"

The singer looked to her left to see two teenage girls in shock. She lifted an eyebrow and walked over to them. She looked in the direction they were looking. Past tense. Were. Now they're looking at her.

"Well, what were you looking at?" She asked them. "There's nothing special over there."

"Can we get a picture?" One of them asked.

"Yeah, sure." Normani smiled.

The three took a picture and the brunette hugged them. "Will I see you at the show?" She asked.

Both of them nodded.

"Okay, well, don't tell anyone," Normani's voice lowered, "but I'm performing a new song."

"Really?"

"Yeah," the singer nodded. "I've got to go now. I'm really hungry."

"Bye. I love you so much." One of the girls said.

"Love you too!" Normani blew them a kiss and waved as she walked away.

She was walking backwards and as soon as she turned around, she ran into someone.

"Oh, that's great," She mumbled as she looked at the concrete, she was now lying on. "Hey buddy, are you okay?! I just fell, but I wanna know if you, the one still standing and not bothering to help me up, is okay!"

She heard a laugh and saw a hand reach out to help her up. She grabbed onto it and got up. She wiped her hands on her pants and looked at the human being that had just helped her up.

"I'm sorry about that. I was looking at my–" the girl cut herself off as she looked at a shocked Normani. "Phone." She whispered.

"It's okay." Normani said quickly before walking off.

That, the person she just saw, was her ex.

It was Camila Cabello.

-

A/N: YES, I DIDN'T LIE!

I really was going to make a Normila book.

And here it is. (: