five

"Dinah, this song is shit." Normani said.

"Seriously?" Dinah asked.

"Yes. It's horrible. One year old me can write songs better than this," the brunette said, "and one year old me couldn't even write. Give me a different song."

"Fine." The blonde handed her friend a different song.

Normani read over it and nodded. "Better," She said. "Still shit, but it's shit that doesn't smell. You know? You probably don't."

Dinah blinked. "Are you okay?"

"Are you? Stop speaking. I can hear a beat in the other room."

The room beside theirs was the room Camila is in.

"That beat has been playing for a while." The Tongan said.

"Yes, and now is when she would be getting to the chorus. The chorus is usually the best part of the song."

"Not true."

"Shut up!" Normani glared at her friend.

"I'm headed straight for the castle. They wanna make me their queen. And there's an old man sitting on the throne that's saying that I probably shouldn't be so mean. I'm headed straight for the castle. They've got the Kingdom locked up. And there's an old man sitting on the throne that's saying I should probably keep my pretty mouth shut. Straight for the castle."

"I wish you could write songs like her." Normani mumbled.

"Bitch–okay. Whatever. Naomi, you said you invited somebody here today. Who was it?" Dinah looked at Normani's manager. She was growing impatient with the singer.

"Ah, yes. She should be here in–"

The door opened. "Now." The girl said.

Normani turned around and smiled. "Lauren, my precious baby!" She held her arms out.

Lauren pulled the girl into a hug, kissing her temple. "You just saw me the other day." She said.

"Yes, I know. I've just been stressed because someone has forgotten how to write songs."

Dinah rolled her eyes. "I can't stand you."

"I believe it is because you're sitting," Normani shrugged. "Are you here to help me write some songs?"

"I am." Lauren smiled and sat down beside the brunette.

"Oh, thank god. Dinah has been writing shit."

"Smelly shit or..?" The Cuban-American lifted an eyebrow.

"All types of shit."

"I'll be back." Dinah said before standing and walking out of the room.

"You know I love you!" Normani yelled.

"Yeah, yeah!" The blonde said before shutting the door.

"What do you want this song to be about?" Lauren asked as she grabbed a piece of paper.

"I want it to revolve around the nature of a discreet, yet exploited relationship." The older girl said.

"Have you ever been in one of those?" The raven-haired girl asked.

"Yeah," Normani said, "I was sixteen."

"Girl, what the fuck type of school did you go to to have a relationship like that at sixteen?" Lauren asked.

Normani just shrugged.

The younger girl smiled and shook her head. "First verse is about gossip."