one

"Girl, where have you been?"

Normani sat down on the couch in her hotel room and looked at her friend.

"Well, I was originally planning to get food. Then, I had an adventure along the way." She said.

"Oh?" Dinah lifted an eyebrow.

"I'm gonna tell you the story of how I just wanted to go to Chic-Fil-A, but I got stopped by two fans, I was pushed down by someone from my past, and I got mobbed by paparazzi and fans."

"Did you get the food?"

"Yeah, I ate it in the police car I was escorted back here in." Normani smiled.

"As interesting as this sounds," Dinah smiled and stood, "we have to get to the venue."

The singer sighed. "Let's go."

The two made their way to the venue and Normani began getting ready immediately. She was getting her makeup done first, then hair, then she would put on her outfit.

"Mani, start warming up your voice." Dinah said as she placed a tea in front of her friend.

"I've already done my vocal warm ups. I did them on the way." Normani said.

"Well, do some more. Sing parts of your songs so you don't forget them onstage."

"Again." Alyssa, her makeup artist, teased.

"Ah, fuck off." The brunette rolled her eyes.

"Do it." The Polynesian said before walking out of the room.

Normani sighed and grabbed the tea in front of her. "I'm good." She mumbled, looking at the door.

"Normani–"

"Hey, who's performing right now?"

This wasn't just Normani's concert. It was like JingleBall with multiple artists performing, but it wasn't JingleBall because it's not Christmas time. Although, nobody would mind if it was. People are happy then, now people are pissed off because there's no more damn cookies in the cabinet. Or something like that. Normani didn't understand what made people so excited about cold weather and the flu in the first place.

"She's a new artist," Alyssa said. "Her name's Camila Cabello. Hey, isn't that–"

"Yes," Normani nodded. "What song is she singing?"

"It's one of her own. It's called Ghost, and she's coming out again to sing a new song."

"What's the new song called?"

"Don't know. Why?"

"Do you want to hear a story?" Normani asked randomly.

She was a very strange girl, if you couldn't tell already. Strange...but cute.

"What's it about?" Alyssa asked as she finished Normani's makeup and moved to her hair.

"The Alternative singer that wants to go to Chic-Fil-A, but gets stopped by two fans, runs into someone...literally, gets mobbed, then gets escorted back to her hotel in a police car."

"Did she get the food?"

"She got the food."

"Tell me."

And so she did. While Alyssa was doing Normani's hair she told the girl of how she was greeted by two fans, run over by her ex, mobbed, and escorted to her hotel by the police.

"Normani!" Naomi walked into the girl's room.

"Yes?" The singer asked.

"Is your hair almost done? That girl is almost done with her performance."