three

"Normani," her producer, Michael, said. "I need you to get into the studio so we can record 100 Letters."

"Mmm," Normani pursed her lips together, "no."

Dinah and Naomi looked at the brunette. "What?" They asked.

"I want to record a song I wrote." The singer smiled.

"Normani, you can't write songs to save your life. At least, not without help." Dinah said.

"Oh, but this one is good." Normani smiled, sitting a piece of paper in front of her producer and walking into the studio.

Michael skimmed over the song as the younger girl put on the headphones in the booth. He sighed and looked at her, she gave him a thumbs up. He played a beat and Normani took a deep breath and shut her eyes.

"If this song is shit..."

"They send me away to find them a fortune, a chest filled with diamonds and gold. The house was awake, the shadows and monsters. The hallways, they echoed and groaned." The brunette sang.

Dinah lifted an eyebrow and walked over to Michael, picking up the piece of paper and skimming over it. "This is actually good." She mumbled.

"I sat alone, in bed till the morning. I'm crying, 'They're coming for me.' And I tried to hold these secrets inside me. My mind's like a deadly disease," the singer glanced at her friend that had a shocked look on her face. "I'm bigger than my body. I'm colder than this home. I'm meaner than my demons. I'm bigger than these bones."

Naomi walked over to the blonde. "What do you think this song is about?"

"And all the kids cried out, 'Please stop, you're scaring me.' I can't help this awful energy," Normani ran a hand through her hair. "God damn right, you should be scared of me. Who is in control?"

"I think we both know what it's about." Dinah said.

-

Normani walked out of the recording booth and leaned against the wall. "Why are you looking at me like that?" She asked, crossing her arms over her chest.

"Is that song–

"Yes. What song do I record now?"

"When did you write that song?" Michael asked.

"Like, a year ago. I just tweaked some stuff earlier this week." The younger girl shrugged.

"How hard was it to write?" Dinah asked.

"Pretty damn hard," Normani shrugged. "It was probably the most emotionally difficult song to write. Whenever I went over it on, like, Tuesday, I remember feeling like, 'Wow, is this what I really think of myself?'"

Naomi looked at the singer. "Is it?"

Normani shrugged again. "I don't know."

"Let's take a break," Michael sighed. "Then we can all finish working on the album."

"Okay." The younger girl walked out of the room and into the hallway.

She walked into the bathroom and looked at herself in the mirror. She grimaced at herself and turned away from the mirror.

"You good, Princess?" Someone asked.

Normani looked at her, and rolled her eyes before looking back at the ground.

"Are you upset?" The girl teased.

It wasn't in a nice way either.

Normani glared at her. "Get the fuck out of this bathroom." She spat.

"You must not have gotten your nap today." Camila smirked.

The taller girl turned and looked back at herself in the mirror. She furrowed her eyebrows. Why the hell was she so repulsed by the sight of herself?

"Why do you keep making that face each time you look at yourself?" The Cuban-Mexican asked.

"Because I can't stand myself," Normani said, looking at her ex, "or you."

She walked out of the bathroom before Camila got to respond.

"That's not hard to believe considering you broke up with me!" Camila yelled from the bathroom as she walked off.

"I didn't break up with you because I couldn't stand you! Believe it or not, I could at the time!" Normani yelled as she continued to walk.

"Then, why the hell did you do it, huh?! Why did you break up with me, when I did nothing wrong?!" The Latina followed after her.

The older girl turned around and crossed her arms over her chest. "I told you already, I wasn't ready for a relationship."

"If you weren't ready, why the hell were we in that relationship for nearly a year?" Camila asked. "Do you know how long I was broken after you cut things off?"

"You don't think I was broken too?" Normani asked.

"You didn't seem to be."

"From what you could see," the darker girl said, "and if you didn't know, it's all for the cameras. Behind the scenes I'm a whole different person. Out of all people, you should be the one to know that."

"You are a different person," Camila said, "you aren't the same person I met a year and a half ago."

"A lot has changed since then," Normani said. "I've changed a lot since then. However, what's new with me is something the cameras can't catch."

"Tell me the real reason you broke up with me, and ignored me for two months." The younger girl said.

"Mani!" Dinah called for her friend.

"I already have." The singer lied before walking over to her blonde friend.

The reason she broke up with Camila wasn't because she wasn't ready for a relationship. It was because in those two months of ignoring her, she found something out. She wasn't meaning to push Camila away on purpose. She was going to tell her. It was her insecurities. That's was caused her to push the Latina away. Now, she wished she wouldn't have. Because if she wouldn't have, she could've fallen in love. Now, she didn't think she would ever be able to do such a thing.

-

A/N: I wonder what would happen to me if I ate some of the M&M's my mom hid from my brother...

I'd probably die because those are for the wedding..and I can't sabotage a wedding.

That would be wrong.