fourteen

"The mall?" Camila asked.

"Mhmm," Normani nodded, grabbing her ex's hand. "Let's go into the Gucci store."

"Girl, I don't wear Gucci." The Cuban said.

"I do." The older girl smiled before dragging her into the store.

As soon as they walked into the store someone yelled at Normani.

"Normani Kordei!"

"Yup, that's my name!" Normani saluted the girl that yelled.

Camila shook her head. "Why are you so bitchy to your fans?"

"What are you talking about? I'm not 'bitchy' to my fans." Normani looked through the store.

"You roll your eyes at them, you're sarcastic towards them, you say no to pictures with them–"

"That's not 'bitchy,' Camila," Normani rolled her eyes. "It's me. They understand that it's me."

"Then you have those days when all you ever do is smile at them, you'll have full on conversations with them, you'll get in every picture they ask you for–"

"Exactly. That's just me. I'm not bitchy."

"No, you are." Camila pursed her lips.

Normani glared at her. "I'm not."

"You also have those days when you're just not with it. You're kind of out of it. Walking around with your head down, looking sad in interviews, just bursting into tears in videos with your fans–"

"Can you stop telling me about myself?"

"Then you have those days where you're hella rowdy–"

"I get it!" Normani threw her hands in the air. "I get it. You think I'm a bitch. You think I'm a bitch, because you don't know me. You don't know a damn thing about me."

"I didn't mean to upset you–"

Normani turned and looked at her. "When I told you to stop, you decided to keep going. You obviously meant to do something." She walked out of the store, not wanting to spend anymore time with her.

Camila sighed and followed after her. "Mani–" She ran into someone, stumbling backward.

They grabbed her hand, keeping her balanced. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to run into you." The person said.

"It's fine." She smiled, looking up.

"I'm Quenlin." The girl smiled back.

"Hi, I'm Cam–"

"I know who you are. You're Normani Kordei's 'girlfriend,' right?" Quenlin tilted her head to the side.

"Why the quotes around girlfriend?" Camila laughed uncomfortably.

"I know it's not just me, I've met plenty of people who feel the same way..."

"What are you talking about?"

"We think you're dating Normani so you can feed off of her success. As in, you're dating Normani so she can promote your music, talk about your modeling gigs, etcetera."

Camila smiled and nodded. "Well, keep thinking something that isn't true. I'm gonna go." She pointed towards the door.

"She went into Bath & Body Works." Quenlin said as Camila walked off.

She was right. Just as Camila was walking out of Gucci, Normani walked out of Bath & Body Works with bags in her hand.

"Normani!" She jogged over to the girl.

"What?" Normani asked.

"I'm sorry." Camila sighed.

"You always are," the brunette rolled her eyes. "They yelled at me, saying that they wanted us back at the meeting ASAP. So, let's go."

"At least I apologize in our relationship."

"I never had to apologize, because I never did anything wrong. It was always you who fucked up."

"At least I know how to say 'I–'"

"Why should I say something I'm not ready to say, Camila? I didn't love you. I barely even liked your ass." Normani snapped.

It got quiet between the two.

"Wow..."

"I didn't mean that–"

"You never do."

"I really didn't–"

"And I didn't mean to say you treat people like shit. It's true. You're a fucking bitch." Camila retorted.

"I'm not a bitch–"

"You are, and you know you are."

"You know what? Fuck you," Normani spat. "Fuck you."

Normani wasn't a bitch. At least, she didn't try to be. She tried her best to be the sweetest person she could be, but sometimes her temper got the best of us. Sometimes she lashed out. Sometimes she cried. Sometimes she just went mute. It honestly depended on the month. She wasn't intentionally mean. Hell, sometimes she didn't even realize how mean she could be. She tried, though. She tried to be nice, and everyone knew that. Everyone knew what she was going through...even Camila.

She just wouldn't believe it.

-

a/n:

are you ready for the drama?

cause i am!