seventeen

Normani sat in her dressing room, on her phone as she got her hair done. She was the first act for some reason. She didn't know when they changed the line up, but she didn't question it. It meant that she would get to leave earlier, and she was definitely okay with that.

"Mani, Mila wants to talk to you." Dinah said, walking into her friend's dressing room.

"Yeah! Cool! That's great! No one cares!" Normani said sarcastically, with the roll of her eyes.

"Why won't you just talk to her?" The Polynesian groaned.

"Dinah, honey, I know you're artificially blonde, but sometimes you make me wonder." The older girl looked at her.

"She apologized." Dinah said.

"Your birthday is June 22nd." Normani responded.

"What does that have to do with anything?" The blonde rolled her eyes.

"Oh, I'm sorry," the singer shrugged. "I thought we were saying things that nobody cared about."

Dinah threw a pillow at her friend's head. "Don't be a bitch."

"Why? It's apparently one of the things I'm good at. You know, besides not caring about other people, being conceited, and singing," Normani said.

"You–"

"Oh! I'm also pretty good at dancing, too."

"Normani, just talk–"

"I think I wanna be a–"

"Normani!" Dinah yelled at her friend. "I need your ADHD having ass to focus."

"That's gonna be hard, considering I have ADHD." Normani threw the pillow back at her best friend.

"Mani." The blonde sighed, rolling her eyes.

"Okay, you have seventy-five percent of my attention." The singer sat back in her chair.

"Just talk to her," Dinah said. "If you really love her, talk to her."

Normani gave her friend a look. "Who said I loved her?"

"Normani–"

Normani looked at a wall, shaking her head. "I don't love her."

"You–"

"I don't even know what love is."

"Normani, you–"

"I mean, I do love her, but in the most platonic way. Not in a, 'I want to be in a relationship with you,' way. I don't think I could ever love someone like that. At least, not at this age."

"Mani." Dinah hissed.

"What?" The brunette looked at the taller girl.

When she saw what she saw, she mentally face palmed.

"Hi, Ally." She gave the shorter girl an awkward wave.

"Camila wanted to talk to you. I can see this obviously isn't the best time." Ally began walking out.

"Ally, wait!"

The Mexican turned around. "What?"

"Don't tell Camila." Normani pleaded.

"I wouldn't dream of it, sweetheart," Ally said. "I don't care that much about what comes out of your mouth to repeat it to another creature on this earth."

The brunette glared at her. "And you wonder why I don't like you."

"I actually don't," the older girl smiled. "I don't like you either. Bye!"