eight

Normani had walked off of the stage, just finishing her performance. She was ready to take off her heavy makeup and stage costume. She was exhausted, as well as her voice. For all of the notes she knew she couldn't hit, she held the microphone out to the crowd. As soon as she stepped off of the stage she shut her eyes.

"Tired?" A voice asked her.

She slowly opened her eyes and nodded. "Exhausted." She said, her voice was now a whisper.

Her performance wasn't the best, but she didn't want to lip sync. She had said she'd be okay with it beforehand, but she changed her mind last minute.

"You need to take a break from singing."

"Yes, I realize. Thank you for being a genius, Camila." Normani rolled her eyes.

"It's what I do best." the Cuban-Mexican smiled.

"I can tell." The darker girl said as she began to walk to her dressing room.

She wanted to get out of these platform shoes as soon as possible. It was silent between the two as Normani walked and Camila followed behind her. Just as soon as Normani reached her dressing room, Camila broke the silence.

"You wanna go to a bar?" She asked.

The taller girl made a face, then looked at her ex. "Aren't you under age?"

"That's why you're going to say yes." The younger girl smiled.

"Camila!" A small person ran up to the girl.

The two girls looked at her. "What is a child doing backstage?" Normani asked.

Camila bit her bottom lip to keep from laughing. The short blonde looked at Normani and lifted an eyebrow.

"Okay one, I am twenty-four years old. Two, don't be a bitch." The girl rolled her eyes and turned back to Camila.

Before she could get anything out, Normani cut her off.

"For such a small person you have a big temper." She said.

"Yes, and for such a small minded person you have a big mouth."

"Small minded? Do you even know who I am?"

"Normani Kordei Hamilton. Alternative singer. Can't stay in a relationship to save her life," The girl said. "Anyways, Camila–"

"You forgot about the fact that I'm extremely tall. At least I am when I'm compared to you."

"Okay, that's enough," Camila said before the shorter girl could clap back. "Yes, Ally?"

"You're name's Ally?" Normani lifted an eyebrow.

"Can you fuck off?" Ally rolled her eyes. "Lauren and I have been looking for you as soon as you got off stage. Where did you go?"

"I was literally by the stage the whole time."

"There you are!" Lauren ran up to the three. "Ally, I found her."

"No, I–you know what? Sure. You found her."

"I'm gonna change, and get out of these damn platform boots. Then, Lauren and I are going to go to Wal-Mart and get a bottle." Normani said.

"I'm down," the raven-haired girl shrugged, "but why a bottle?"

"Because I can't have a hangover while I'm recording." the older girl said.

"You're not recording tomorrow," Dinah said as she walked up to the four. "Why are they all grouped around your dressing room?"

"You're nosy."

"You're not drinking." The blonde said.

"Well," Normani shrugged. "I tried."

"She's not your manager." Ally said.

"What is a toddler doing backstage?" Dinah asked.

Lauren burst into laughter.

"You know, I was just asking that same thing." Normani said.

"You have interviews to do tomorrow," Ally said. "You can't drink. Let's go."

The shortest girl grabbed her friend's hand and pulled her away from the girl.

"Well," Lauren said. "We tried."

"We certainly did. However, Lucky the Leprechaun was being a buzzkill." Normani shook her hand.

Dinah smiled and shook her head. "You need to rest your voice before your next performance. You also need to go to sleep because you haven't been doing that lately."

"Of course, mom." The older girl rolled her eyes.

"I have to go. I can feel Ally staring holes into me as I continue to stand here and speak to you guys. So, bye." Lauren smiled and waved.

"Bye, Lo." The other two girl said and their friend walked away.

"I'm gonna go take off these fucking shoes."  Normani said, turning and opening the door to her dressing room.

"Remind me again why you and Camila broke up?" Dinah asked as she walked in as well.

"I was ruining our relationship," The brunette shrugged as she took off her shoes, "and I don't think she wanted to deal with it anymore."

"Did she say that to you?" The blonde asked.

"No, but–"

"So, you ended it for no reason?"

"No, I ended it because it wasn't working out."

"No, you ended it because you were paranoid that you were fucking up your relationship." Dinah said.

Normani rolled her eyes, as she put on her vans and stood. "Can you stay my songwriter and not my fucking–"

"Sure. Fine. Just know, I've seen the way–"

"I get it, Dinah. Your headass is secretly the number one Normila stan, you secretly have a twitter account specifically for us, and you will drag anyone who says it isn't real," The shorter girl rolled her as as she walked towards the door. "We aren't getting back together."

Just as she was about to put her hand on the knob, the door opened. Naomi walked into the room in looked at Normani.

"You and Camila are getting back together."

The singer furrowed her eyebrows. "I'm sorry, what?"

-

A/N: