twenty

"You made me love you again."

Normani stared at her.

"I did what?"

"Nothing. Leave me alone." Camila tried to walk off, but Normani's grip was too strong.

"No, Camila. Come here." Normani turned the younger girl around.

Camila wiped her tears.

"Calm down." The brunette placed both of her hands on Camila's shoulders.

The Cuban looked at her. "What?"

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry for everything that I've done to you. I'm sorry about our breakup. I'm sorry about what I said to you in the mall. I'm sorry."

"I am too," Camila said. "I'm sorry I ever trusted you, and I'm sorry I still love you. It's obvious you don't feel the same way."

"Mila, what are you talking about?" Normani shook her head.

The younger girl looked down. "I love you."

Normani shook her head again. She didn't believe that. She couldn't believe that. Not only because she knew she didn't deserve Camila, but because she thought that the shorter girl wasn't being genuine. She never believed anyone was genuine when they admitted their feelings for her. Only because, in her mind, she didn't deserve anyone.

She didn't deserve anyone because she was difficult. She can't open up to anyone, and she felt that that made her lovers feel unappreciated, leading to heartbreak. Not only for her lover, but for her as well. She realized that she had been leading Camila on this whole time. She hadn't been meaning to be. It just happened.

And she truly didn't know how.

Normani looked at the shorter girl. "No." She said.

Camila looked up at her with big, teary eyes. "What?"

"No, no, no," the singer shook her head. "Mila, you can't love me."

"Wha–Why?" The Cuban-Mexican asked.

"I don't deserve you. You don't want me, Camila."

"But I do–"

"No, you don't. You don't want to deal with my constant mood swings, my harsh language, me in general."

"Normani–"

"You don't love me."

"Yes, I do." Camila said.

Normani ran a hand through her hair.

"I want you," the brunette walked toward her ex. "I love you."

In that moment Normani realized, it wasn't Camila that didn't want her. It was her that didn't want Camila.

The darker girl looked Camila in the eyes. "I don't love you."

Broken. That's how Camila looked. Broken.

"What?"

"I don't love you," Normani repeated. "I can't love you."

Camila didn't for one second think that Normani lead her on. Instead, she thought, 'I'm a god damn fool.'

"Why?" She asked.

"I just...can't." The taller girl said.

"But I–"

Normani stopped her. "Someone will love you, Camila," she said, "but someone isn't me."

"Normani-"

"I'm sorry." The older girl sympathetically shook her head, before walking off.

She could feel Camila watching her all the way to her car.

God, she was a bitch.

-

Dinah walked into her friend's hotel room, lifting an eyebrow. "You said you finished the song?"

"Yeah." Normani nodded, looking up from the keyboard she had on her bed.

"Let's hear it." The blonde sat down beside her best friend.

"Okay," The brunette took a deep breath, and began playing on the keyboard. "I've missed your calls for months is seems. Don't realize how mean I can be..."

-

"Someone will love you, but someone isn't me." Normani bit her bottom lip, looking down at the keyboard.

She didn't want to cry. She didn't deserve to cry. She made the choice of leaving Camila.

She felt Dinah's hand on her shoulder and looked up.

"Mani..."

"Dinah." The singer's voice cracked as tears began spilling out of her eyes.

"Mani," Dinah pulled her friend into a hug and rubbed her back. "I'm sorry."

"So am I."

-

a/n: the end.