1 | New Beginnings

Normani

"Well, this is it." I said to myself as I brought in the last box from the truck. Flying all of my stuff from New Orleans to Oakland, California was harder than I thought. The plane ride was not pleasant either. Flying first-class is supposed to be luxurious and quiet, but the constant buzzing from my phone was preventing that.

No one was taking the break-up of Fifth Harmony well. After Camilia left, it all went downhill. The girls and I were always arguing about something stupid.

I was the first one to bring up separating. I could no longer take the emotional distress. The girls agreed that going our separate ways would be the best idea. I wish I could say it was a hard decision, but it wasn't.

I decided to get away and move to a location that would allow me to breathe and grow as a person. I had no idea where I would go, but God sent me a signal. My old friend, Lauren Hill, soon to be Lauren Thompson, who I had not seen in years called.

*Rewind to right after the break-up of Fifth Harmony*

I collapsed on my hotel bed. I was physically and emotionally drained. We called it quits for Fifth Harmony. I wanted to be sad, but I couldn't find that emotion inside of me.

I cried out of frustration. Not because of the break-up of the group, but because I didn't know where to go from here.  I wanted to get away.

As I almost fell asleep, my phone started ringing. I didn't bother seeing who it was.

"Hello." I croaked out. My voice was almost gone from the yelling battle I had minutes before with the girls.

"Nor? Is this you?" My old friend said. I was so relieved to hear her on the other line. I missed her and everything I had before.

"Lauren? Lauren Hill! Yes, it is girl! I haven't seen you in forever!" I said as my eyes began to get watery.

"Gosh babe, you sound horrible! What's wrong?" She said as she began to worry.

"Everything. I-I just need to get away." I managed to get out.

"Nor, where are you? I'm flying to you, just tell me where you are." Lauren said. She was worried about her old friend. They lost contact for a few years because of their success, but they never let their friendship die.

"You don't have to do that Laur, I don't want you to worry about me, I'll be alright." I said, trying to be as convincing as possible.

"Nor, I know it's been a while, but I can tell when you're lying. Now, you better tell me your location before I have to go into FBI mode and find you." Lauren said.

I let out a laugh. "I'm in Chicago at the Omni."

"Okay, I'm only a few states away and I'm leaving now. I'll call you when I'm there." Lauren stated.

"Thank you Lauren." I breathed out.

"Nor, you've always been my girl and I'll always be there. Go take a warm bath and relax. Bye Nor." Lauren demanded as she hung up.

I did as I was told. A few hours later I got a call from Lauren asking for my room number. Next thing I know, I heard a knock on my door. I opened it and we both engulfed each other in a hug. Tears we streaming down both of our faces.