4 | Party Pooper

Normani

"I-I'm sorry, I wasn't paying attention." I stuttered while looking at my fallen drink. I stood up and got out of his grip.

"No it's my bad, I should've looked where I was going." He replied while chuckling a bit.

We stood in an awkward silence for a good ten seconds.

"Oh um, here, let me buy you a new drink." He said while digging his card out of his pocket.

"You don't have to do that, it's fine." I said, waving him off.

"Are you sure?" He said, still with his credit card in his hand.

"Yeah, thanks though." I said while looking at him. He avoided eye contact with me.

"Okay, well um, I'm sorry again." He said while scratching the back of his neck.

"No need to apologize, it's fine." I said, trying to deepen the conversation. I don't know why I wanted to, but I did.

He continued to avoid eye contact. "I'll see you around." He replied and walked off in a different direction.

I sighed and walked back to the V.I.P section, drinkless. I made my way to my seat besides Lauren and plopped down.

"Hey girl, wha- woah, what's wrong b?" Lauren asked.

"Oh nothing, I spilled my drink on the way here, but was too lazy to get another one." I said, trying to play it off.

"Do you want me to get you another one?" Lauren asked while standing up.

"Girl, sit yo lil aśs down!" I said, pulling her back into her seat. "I'm fine, I wasn't really in the drinking mood anyway."

"Whatever you say." Lauren replied while giving me a look.

I laughed, but remembered the incident with Kevin and decided to ask Lauren about him.

"Hey Laur, does KD not talk much?" I asked, glancing over at Lauren.

"Are you kidding me? That boy never shuts up!" Lauren said, laughing.

I frowned. I figured he just didn't like me, but I didn't understand why and I don't know why that bothered me so much.

"Why? Is everything okay?" Lauren asked.

"Yeah! I was just wondering. He seems a little quiet." I said, trying not to give away that I wanted to know more about him.

"He might be going through something, I noticed he's quieter than normal, too." Lauren said, searching for KD in the giant crowd of people. "I'll talk to him later and see what's up." Lauren added.

I was going to protest because I didn't want her bringing up that I asked, but I also didn't want Lauren thinking anything of it, so I kept quiet.

My thoughts were interrupted by a drunk Draymond. "SHOTSSSSS!" He yelled while bringing a round of shots to our section. He passed them around until everyone got one.

"CHEERS TO BEATING RUSSELL WESTBROOK'S NINJA TURTLE LOOKIN' ASŚ AND OUR NEW PAL NORMANI!" Draymond loudly said.

I smiled at Dray and downed my shot. I looked around and my eyes landed on Kevin who secluded himself from the group. He was on his phone, typing away. It was odd seeing him separated from the group since Lauren told me he was a party animal.