3 | Awkward Eye Contact

Normani

Today is the day I would sing the national anthem at Oracle Arena. I woke up today feeling excited, something I hadn't been in a while. I wanted to stray away from singing, but it's my passion.

I decided to skip the morning shoot-around offer and just go with Lauren a little early. I'd sang the national anthem I don't know how many times in my life, so practicing was a bit unnecessary. Honestly, I was a little nervous to meet all of Laur's friends. I'm normally a goofy, outgoing person, but for some reason every time I would think about it, the nerves would set in.

After contemplating whether to sleep for another hour, I decided that my stinky asś probably needs to take a shower. After showering, I put on some comfy clothes and went downstairs to eat. I had a few hours before I had to get ready, so I decided to re-watch One Tree Hill.

After crying about how Nathan and Haley are couple goals, I turned the t.v. off and started the long process of getting ready.

After beating my face to the Gods for a solid two hours, I curled my hair in loose curls. Finally, I slipped on the outfit that Lauren picked out for me.

"Damn, Laur did good

"Damn, Laur did good." I said to myself while laughing.

I had to take a mirror pic and post it to the gram. I captioned it "Shoutout to my girl Laur for always keepin' me lookin' fresh. 😇"

My phone buzzed as I got a text from Lauren.

Lil Laur 💅🏼💖
I'm on my way hoe, you best be ready!

I laughed at our friendship and waited for the "I'm here" text.

Not too long later, I heard a loud ass honk. She's extra as hell. I walked outside and hopped into her G-wagon.

"Damnnn, look at my bítch lookin' all spiffy!" I said as I recorded a Snapchat of her while she posed.

Lauren was wearing an all black fit.

"I'm so excited for you to meet the squad!" Lauren said in excitement

"And of course I can't wait to see my lil b sing!" She added.